Chief Science Officer – Food Safety Net Services - San Antonio, TX
JOB SUMMARY – CHIEF SCIENCE OFFICER
The position is responsible for all aspects of analytical laboratory processes including technology, methodology, laboratory proficiency measurements, research, and scientific processes. This position is responsible for application and evaluation of approved microbiological techniques and methodologies used in all FSNS laboratories in the analysis of food products as they relate to accreditation, certification, and customer requirements. This position will have contact with customers, laboratory staff and will review new business and special projects proposals. This role may have supervisory responsibilities.
· Direct the design and implementation of proficiency programs within the laboratory network.
· Ensure the Company maintains cutting edge technology for customer satisfaction and competitive advantage.
· Develop executive business and scientific presentations.
· Prepare business proposals and scientific research papers.
· Attend a variety of scientific and industry specific trade show and conferences to maintain a network of contacts for new business development.
· Manage quality, safety and technical training programs while maintaining efficiencies throughout the operational network.
· Evaluate the Quality System ISO 17025 standards, ensuring accreditation of new and existing laboratory facilities by complying with regulatory and accreditation standards, documentation and records maintenance.
· Understand and interpret USDA and FSIS regulatory guidelines.
· Oversee management of all special research projects. Prepare and/or approve all final special reports.
· Interact directly with operational staff and clients to discuss food safety concerns, testing needs and results. Provide technical guidance to laboratory operations staff.
· Manage and work with the Special Project Team to deliver high quality and timely research projects including:
o Timely customer contact.
o Proposal design.
o Data analysis and presentation.
o Scientific report writing.
· Compile data in various analytical formats.
· Interpret data and present findings with appropriate documentation, references, and supporting material to the food and other associated industries.
· Identify critical needs for special projects requested by customers.
· Stay up-to-date on technological advances and industry trends.
· Maintain extensive expertise in the meat industry, specifically to the requirements of E. coli O157:H7, Salmonella and Listeria species/L. mono testing.
· Maintain proficiency in the practical applications of vendor test kits, method validation, and industry regulations.
· Advise organization's governing body in scientific matters.
· Serve public relations functions by representing the scientific goals and interests of the company at press conferences, meetings, conventions and shareholder events.
· Budget preparation for contracts, research and special projects; inclusive of capital outlay, labor, and cost analysis to determine levels of service offered with method, pricing, requirements, and turn-around-time.
· Supervise direct report staff using a progressive management style demonstrating leadership and individual development and proficiencies.
· Support the sales and marketing team when necessary.
· Facilitates overall company growth and profitability.
· Travel as necessary for the duties and responsibilities of this position.
· Share information in an open and timely manner.
· Responsible for the safety of oneself and others working within their area.
· Responsible for the completion of required training.
This job may have supervisory responsibilities. Carries out responsibilities in accordance with organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· Ph.D. in Food Science, Food Technology, Microbiology, Chemistry, or related field.
· 10 years of directly related expertise with multiple food matrices.
· Advanced studies in food science and/or microbiological analysis.
· Experience with managing a technical services team.
· Worked in a progressive customer service focus business environment.
· 10 years of industrial food safety and quality assurance experience is preferred.
· Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Relocation Assistance Provided.
Please apply online at: http://www.FSNS.com
For questions, please contact Michelle Matthews
199 W. Rhapsody
San Antonio, TX 78216
Food Safety Net Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Women, Minorities, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com