to 04-Jun-2016 (CST)
Salinas, CA, USA
Competitive Benefits offered after introductory period
Fresh Express, a subsidiary company of Cutrale
and a leading international marketer and distributor of fresh and processed
food products is currently seeking a Research Technologist for our R&D
group located in Salinas, CA.
The Research Technologist will be responsible to support testing and related
activities for the development of new products in the area of fresh cut
fruits and vegetables. Specific responsibilities will include:
• Assisting the development of new products from concept to full scale
commercialization for branded, private label, and food
• Closely monitoring test execution and communicating results to the
cross-functional team in a timely manner.
• Conduct pilot and commercial plant trials under limited supervision.
• Supporting the development and testing of innovative processes and
packaging for existing and new products.
• Performing tasks assigned by senior scientists, including but not limited
to data analysis, specification ideation, cold room
monitoring, various laboratory functions.
• BS degree in a food science related field (food science, biology, postharvest,
horticulture, chemistry) with 1-2 year experience in new
product development and laboratory testing of foods, preferable fresh fruit
• Candidate must be team oriented and handle multiple projects in a fast
paced, multi-disciplinary environment. The ideal
candidate should have strong interpersonal skills, be detail
oriented and have excellent organizational and analytical skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with strong emphasis in
technical presentations and reports are a must.
• Experience with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Experience with nutrition software and specification is a plus.
• Must be comfortable working in sub-40°F environments.