Food Technologist – Materials - Kansas City, MO
· Collection and upkeep of data and documentation for raw materials from suppliers; which will be maintained in database.
· Define raw material landscape and identify where alternate materials are needed in anticipation of changing market trends.
· Develop process for evaluation to include sourcing, formulation, sensory and stability and put into practice for potential alternative materials.
· Develop specifications for new raw materials, review and strengthen current specifications.
· Evaluate alternate suppliers and collaborate with Purchasing on raw material issues.
· Collection and upkeep of data and documentation for co-manufactured products; which will be maintained in database.
· Meet requests of external customers for a variety of product specific details (domestic and international).
· Assist with identification and resolution of product quality issues.
· Serve as the link between Product Development and internal/external suppliers regarding raw material solutions
· Participate in an environment of exploration and investigation on projects assigned within cross-functional teams and the R&D/QA department.
· Work closely with internal departments to define project objectives.
· Anticipate key technical issues and integrate data and knowledge to recommend solutions.
· Interpret and simplify technical issues into key messages and recommendations across multiple platforms (raw materials, finished product data).
· Provide written/oral reports to key personnel and project leaders.
· Bachelor’s degree or pursuing a Bachelor’s degree with a grad date of May/June 2016 in Food Science, Chemistry or Biology
· Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Power Point, Word)
· Experience using statistical methods to analyze data, write reports and provide recommendations
· Experience managing multiple complex projects concurrently
· R&D or QA experience in the food industry
· Able to support development of effective processes and systems to manage department objectives
· Database development and management experience in Access or Excel
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to work independently and within team environment
Employment by Russell Stover is contingent
upon I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug
screen, education verification, and satisfactory reference and background
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org