Quality Control Technicians - Essentia Protein Solutions - Lytton, IA
Location: Lytton, Iowa, United States, 50561
Essentia Protein Solutions (formerly Proliant Meat Ingredients), a manufacturer of functional proteins, stocks, and broths for the food industry, is now accepting applications for outstanding Quality Control Technicians for the Lytton, Iowa facility. Currently hiring for both 2nd (2 PM to 10:30 PM) and 3rd shift (10:30 PM to 7 AM). Benefits include health, dental, vision, paid holidays, 401k with company match, paid time off, and education reimburement upon qualification.Apply online.
Essentia is one of eight companies in The Lauridsen Group Inc. (LGI), a privately held company focused on the manufacture, sales, and marketing of value added proteins and protein co-products. Founded in 1975 and headquartered in Ankeny, Iowa, LGI is a global company including 50 manufacturing plants, 1500 employees, and annual sales over $1 B.
Purpose: To assist with duties providing technical support to management and production personnel in an ongoing manner to ensure all finished goods conform to specifications and meet customer requirements, according to established company policies and procedures.
· Assist in ensuring fundamental food safety and quality practices are maintained to achieve food safety and quality objectives and to support ongoing improvements of food safety programs.
· Assist with inspection and testing of raw materials to assure vendor compliance with specifications and established procedures.
· As required, inspect, test and monitor current production in accordance with established procedures to assure compliance to required specifications; report findings to appropriate personnel for needed changes or adjustment or place product on hold.
· Perform technical operations such as taking samples, examining/analyzing product, and recording results, take appropriate action in accordance with established procedures.
· Develop and maintain proficiency with the LIMS system of Quality Assurance to input data results.
· Clean, maintain and sanitize equipment used for quality control purposes according to established sanitary rules and regulations.
· Operate company vehicle as required.
· Perform all other duties as assigned.
· General knowledge of food processing and manufacturing, quality control procedures and laboratory testing.
· Knowledge of organizational methods and ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
· Must be able to distinguish if food safety violations or product quality issues occur and resolve immediately or, if unable to resolve immediately, contact appropriate plant management and quality control.
· Quality Control Technician responsible to ensure food safety and quality responsibilities and tasks are accounted across the Quality Control Department in the event of absences due to illness or vacation.
· Should the Quality Control Technician be absent, duties will be covered by other personnel in the Quality Control Department.
· Knowledge and ability to:
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED required.
Two to three years' experience in a food processing environment, or a two-year degree in the field of science, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Stable work history.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/xks9fbvpfr
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com