Junior Regulatory Technologist - Norwood, MA, USA
We are a growing, entrepreneurial-spirited organization seeking to add to our diverse team of committed and innovative professionals. Our work environment is fast-paced yet informal; we work hard yet have fun together. If you are smart, motivated and looking for a new challenge, consider joining Home Market Foods!
We are looking for a Junior Regulatory Technologist to provide technical expertise to ensure USDA/ FDA compliance of company products and packaging including impending regulations. This person assists in the tracking of all regulatory quality management programs, and works cross functionally with other areas of R&D, production, and marketing, as well as with sales people, vendors, and government agencies.
· Assists Regulatory Technologist in assuring regulatory compliance of all labels, cases and promotional material to assure regulatory compliance with all applicable rules and regulations of USDA & FDA.
· Assists in reviewing ingredient statements – confirming all ingredients are in regulatory compliance.
· Contacts suppliers for ingredient information – raw material specification sheets.
· Becomes knowledgeable of the operations, and provides technical support to production, QA, R&D, sales, consumer affairs, marketing, and customers.
· Assists with obtaining USDA approvals on all applicable products.
· Assists in creation of product specifications for all products, and keeping them up-to-date.
· Maintains documentation of work as required.
· Monitors all HACCP requirements and regulations.
· Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Food Science or at least 2 years experience in the food manufacturing industry.
· Knowledge of USDA/ FDA regulation.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills; team player.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Creativity, solution finding, detail-oriented.
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office'Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
About Home Market Foods
For over 50 years, Home Market Foods (HMF) has provided superior quality food products, from its beginnings as a purveyor of fresh meats to its current position as a major specialty provider of fully cooked value-added meal entrees, appetizers, and snacks for both retail and foodservice customers.
HMF's core business makes it the nation's leading producer of flame broiled meatballs. As it has grown, HMF has diversified into a broad array of other fully cooked frozen products, including beef and chicken handheld products, multi-serve family meal entrees, marinated and flame grilled beef, pork and poultry entrees, and hardwood smoked pit barbecue specialties. HMF's branded products are currently marketed under the Cooked Perfect and RollerBites trademarks.
Our products are consumed in two places: At-Home and Away-From-Home. Customers of the company's At-Home business span the full spectrum of retail channels, including supermarkets, mass merchandisers, club stores, drug stores and specialty grocers. Customers of the Away-From-Home business include convenience stores, restaurant chains, hotels, concessions, colleges, and delis.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org