Sensory & Consomer
Scientist - Technologist
Covance Food Solutions, formerly National Food Lab is looking to add
a Sensory & Consumer Scientist to our team. In this role, you are
responsible for independently performing some routine and non-routine to
moderately complex services to deliver total customer and supervisor
satisfaction. The ideal candidate will have prior experience or training in
sensory. Covance Food Solutions has experienced significant growth over the
last few years. This is an exciting time to join a company where you are
able to cross train on a variety of projects. Additional responsibilities
- Perform assigned aspects of projects including descriptive panel
leadership, screener development, ballot/questionnaire development, sample
preparation, and other project tasks as assigned.
- Assists Sr. Technologists and Project Leaders with consumer and/or
sensory projects that result in total customer and supervisor satisfaction
- Oversee preparation of and support execution of test materials
including randomization schemes, sample coordination, chemical/ingredient
reference standards, equipment set ups, etc.
- Conduct routine data analysis and summarize results with
interpretation (as assigned).
- Draft proposals, and reports.
- Provide leadership for and/or training for technicians (as
- Inform supervisor of personnel, facility, and supply needs to
accomplish projects and to enhance the divisionís ability to grow revenues
or improve efficiencies
- Operates necessary equipment as required in assigned projects
- Maintain a clean work environment including assigned
product/equipment storage areas
- Review data, writing proposals, and reports.
- Comply with appropriate SOPs and methods, and established policies
- Produce and maintain project, laboratory, and experimental records
as appropriate to meet client, regulatory requirements.
- Assist in preparation of SOPís, methods, and procedures.
- Work as a team with all staff to accomplish position and business objectives
- Travel as required to support assigned project work.
- Interface with other technical team members (as needed) to support
or complete project work.
- Responsibility and authority to identify departures from the
management system or from the procedures for performing tests, and to
initiate actions to prevent or minimize such departures
- Responsibility and authority to identify and halt non-conforming
work in their scope of work
- Responsibility and authority to implement corrective actions.