Food Safety Manager - CA-Tracy
are in Pacific Daylight Time.
Fulfillment Svcs, Inc
Amazon.com, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth.
To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If
you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this
is your chance to make history.
We are looking for a Food Safety Manager to join our team.
Our vision for Food Safety is to support Amazonís mission of offering the
widest selection of products available, while protecting customers from
potential hazardous products. We are looking for a dynamic, organized
self-starter to join our Worldwide Food Safety and Compliance department as a
Food Safety Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a highly
visible space and be part of a vibrant and fast-growing company!
High-level summary of deliverables:
- Incorporate Food Safety
industry best practice into product handling processes for receipt,
storage, transportation and disposal of food to ensure the safety of
- Work directly with Amazon
Fulfillment Centers, Delivery Stations, Transportation and Suppliers to
develop and implement procedures which comply with national and state
- Execute internal and external
food safety audits
- Continuously identify and
communicate improvement opportunities
- Create and deploy internal food
safety procedures and training
- Leverage technology to manage
- Create and monitor business
metrics to track compliance and process effectiveness
- Bachelorís Degree in food
science or related field;
- 3+ years of experience managing
Food Safety in a Retail or Manufacturing environment;
- Program Management experience;
- Demonstrated experience
creating sustainable processes;
- Knowledge of government
regulations (FDA, USDA);
- Strong verbal and written
- Exceptional organizational
- Ability to work independently
- Experience leveraging
technology to drive process improvements;
- Demonstrated collaborative
skills and ability to work well within a team, including adherence to
core values and dynamic corporate culture;
- Self-motivated with critical
attention to detail, deadlines and reporting;
- Ability to travel domestically.
- Experience interacting with the
local Department of Health;
- HACCP plan development
experience (basic and/or advanced HACCP training)
- GFSI scheme audit experience;
- Online/retail experience.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Ė Minority /
Female / Disability / Vet