QA Supervisor (Fayetteville, AR) (18101)
In more than 85% of America households, consumers reach for Pinnacle Foods brands. Pinnacle Foods is a Top 1000 Company as ranked by Fortune Magazine. We are a leading producer, marketer and distributor of high-quality branded food products, which have been trusted household names for decades. Headquartered in Parsippany, NJ, our business employs an average of 4,400 employees. We are a leader in the shelf stable and frozen foods segments and our brands hold the #1 or #2 market position in 10 of the 12 major categories in which they compete. Our Duncan Hines Grocery Division manages brands such as Duncan Hines® baking mixes and frostings, Vlasic® and Vlasic® Farmer's Garden® shelf-stable pickles, Wish-Bone® and Western® salad dressings, Mrs. Butterworth's® and Log Cabin® table syrups, Armour® canned meats, Brooks® and Nalley® chili and chili ingredients, Duncan Hines®, Comstock® and Wilderness® pie and pastry fruit fillings and Open Pit® barbecue sauces. Our Birds Eye Frozen Division manages brands such as Birds Eye®, Birds Eye Steamfresh®, C&W®, McKenzie's®, and Freshlike® frozen vegetables, Birds Eye Voila!® complete bagged frozen meals, Van de Kamp's® and Mrs. Paul's® frozen prepared seafood, Hungry-Man® frozen dinners and entrées, Aunt Jemima® frozen breakfasts, Lender's® frozen and refrigerated bagels, and Celeste® frozen pizza. Our Specialty Foods Division manages Tim's Cascade Snacks®, Hawaiian® kettle style potato chips, Erin's® popcorn, Snyder of Berlin® and Husman's® snacks in addition to our food service and private label businesses.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
This position is responsible for managing food safety and quality systems for a key customer for the facility. This position will facilitate 3rd party audits at the facility. This position is responsible for being an active participant/leading continuous improvement and corrective action projects. This position is responsible for performing systems-related tasks, including data analysis, tracking and maintenance of the internal self-inspection (audit) program, Hold-and-Release programs. This position will also ensure manufactured products meet or exceed consumer/customer expectations, regulatory requirements (FDA and USDA) and product specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned.
· Direct, coordinate and schedule the activities of QA personnel to proactively respond to plant production needs.
· Maintain, administer and improve food safety and quality systems for a key customer to the facility. This is performed through regular communication with the customer, document review, internal auditing, facilitating customer audits, analysis of data, training of production management and personnel, development and implementation for corrective and preventive actions.
· Develop and/or assist in developing other facility food safety/quality programs and procedures as required.
· Maintain and administer plant food safety/quality systems, along with auditing and evaluating plant operations to ensure the production of safe and wholesome products.
· Maintains systems for checking and verifying process compliance, including but not limited to SPC, HACCP, SQF, Quality Systems, and Formula Control to provide production departments with tools necessary for daily operations.
· Coordinate and maintain Master Control Documents, quality data collection, charting, trending, and reporting projects.
· Assures efficient and accurate testing, reporting, and monitoring of product safety and quality.
· Participation in corporate-driven projects, tests, reports and data collection.
· Anticipate and solve quality-related issues through evaluation of ingredients, materials, process, and finished products.
· Continuously communicates with Quality Assurance manager and Operations Management on the status of quality, sanitation, and product safety in manufacturing.
· Maintains facility hold system through holding product, assigning rework/reconditioning tasks, reconciling documentation, reporting (e.g. First Pass Quality), and analysis of hold data.
· Assist in the hiring, training and supervising staff as authorized.
· Participate in internal and external audits relative to the Quality Assurance Department.
· Regularly participate in plant safety programs.
· Assist in developing, conducting, and documenting appropriate training and Corrective Actions.
· Participate in supplier management with reviewing and/or issuing corrective action reports, evaluation of incoming raw materials, investigation and documentation of evidence of issues.
· Assist in developing reporting systems for key performance indicators that will keep facility management apprised of performance against quality objectives.
· Provide technical services to management team and production to help resolve product and/or process-related issues in the areas of quality, and food safety.
· Complete special projects, duties and assignments, as appropriate.
· Cross-train with other positions within the QA department to maximize department flexibility.
· Bachelor of Science in Food Science or related discipline i.e., chemistry, biology or microbiology
· Minimum of 3 years of Quality Assurance supervisory experience required.
· SQF and HACCP certified is preferred
· Experience with FDA, USDA Regulations
· Demonstrated “hands on” management experience.
· Experience working in a food manufacturing environment, preferred.
· Experience working with a diverse group of people.
· Lean Manufacturing knowledge is preferred
· Six Sigma knowledge is perferred
· Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate throughout all levels of the organization.
o Ability to use innovative approaches to resolve complex problems.
· Strong computer skills, including a proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
· Ability to quickly come up to speed on complex production processes.
· Ability to analyze data and information, and to make effective and timely decisions. Ability to work with others to identify opportunities.
· Ability to work under pressure and to react to situations with a strong sense of urgency.
· Solid problem solving, project management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
· Ability to listen and consider all ideas while working in a team environment.
· Managing and budgeting, plan on budget spending and maintain waste elimination posture.
· Influence seniors, peers, and subordinates in correct application of QA systems and procedures.
· Detail oriented, organized, reliable and resourceful. Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment.
· Willingness to become a certified/trained internal auditor to preform KFC pre-audits and run departmental audits.
Pinnacle Foods is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer – qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national origin, age or any other legally protected basis.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org