Systems Supervisor - AdvancePierre Foods – Enid, OK
AdvancePierre Foods, a leader in the food
industry, is a rapidly growing company that values a talented, diverse and
dedicated workforce. We have an opening for Quality Systems
Supervisor. Our rapid growth allows us to provide a wide array of developmental
opportunities, and we reward associates who are results-oriented, live up to
their commitments, and who can align their work activities with the goals of
GREAT BENEFITS! (Medical, Dental, 401K Match) COMPETITIVE
Key position responsible for development and improvement of
systems related to food safety and quality.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
- Serve as an SQF practitioner in
- Serve as the HACCP program
- Develop and maintain compliance
with plant programs such as PCCP, SSOP, process control, and CN
- Supervise the staff of quality
auditors, formulators and lab personnel
- Serves as a technical resource
on cross-functional plant teams
- Conduct tests, projects, and
process improvement work to obtain company's goals and as directed
- Investigate customer complaints
and assist in product recall
- Maintain technical competency
in plant computer programs and quality related systems
- Investigate and resolve holds,
customer complaints, and challenges to efficiency
- Innovate to improve the
effectiveness of the quality system to better serve the business
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensure food safety and personal
safety of people in our plant.
- Monitor production conditions,
specifications, process controls and tracking controls.
- Develop and train quality
auditors to monitor the HACCP paperwork. Develop corrective actions
whenever necessary; assist in determining the root cause and develop
- Record and analyze cook
deviation trends to problem solve proactively
- Understand and maintain
compliance with weight programs, including CN weights.
- Develop and monitor finished
product evaluations as determined by customer or in-house requirements.
- Provide cook temperature trend
analysis and oven calibration results to facility
- Investigate and resolve holds
related to food safety
- Verify sanitation
pre-operational inspections and advise the sanitation management of any
- Monitor all quality-related
procedures and create or update procedures as necessary.
- Write an agenda and schedule
weekly management meetings pertinent to areas of responsibility
- Assist the other quality
management when needed.
- Coordinate the timely
completion of SQF requirements
- Work closely with the USDA in
maintaining compliance with federal regulations for labeling, sanitation
and operating procedures.
- Work closely with Production,
Customer Relations, Sales, and Warehousing to achieve company goals for
quality, productivity and yields.
- Maintain awareness of
regulatory changes and advances in the state of the industry
- Champion improvement projects
and complete special assignments as directed.
- Effectively utilize the
resources of the department. Monitor the hours of direct reports. And
review budgeted line items that you control monthly.
- Develop direct reports for
positions of increased responsibility.
- Give daily feed back to the
leadership team concerning projects
- Coordinate micro corrective
actions with appropriate operational and sanitation team members
- Respond to foreign material and
cook temperature concerns
- Conduct HACCP record review and
pre-shipment as needed
- Review holds, investigate, and
- Other daily functions as
- Report on held product
- Review microbiological
performance of facility, developing action plans for tactical and
- Conduct food safety meetings
and provide input during USDA meetings
- Participate in SQF steering
- Perform, assign, or validate
SQF-related tasks on schedule
- Report on held product
- Other weekly functions as
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
and work well without close supervision.
- Be capable of making sound
judgments and decisions frequently.
- Be able to direct personnel and
discipline fairly, even-handily and consistently.
- Be able to communicate
effectively to all levels of management.
- Analyzes situations and
develops action plans with necessary follow-through
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in food or a
- 3-5 years in a food safety or
quality role with progressing responsibilities
- HACCP and SQF certification
- USDA and meat processing
knowledge strongly preferred
If you are interested in this great
opportunity with a competitive salary, please apply now!
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/d54qnkbqpp