Senior Manager – Food Safety (Culture & Communications / PR) (46849)
Requisition Number 46849 - Posted 05/07/2015 - Pennsylvania - Hershey
Job Title: Senior Manager – Food Safety
Job Location: Hershey, PA
This position is responsible for leading the Food Safety Culture plan for The Hershey Company. It is also responsible for developing, cascading and implementing Food Safety Culture strategic programs, projects and communication of our Food Safety Culture Journey goals. As Senior Manager, this position provides clear project management expertise to promote Food Safety education & training as well as communication and continuous improvement with a global scope.
· Design and execution of the Food Safety Culture communication strategy.
· Design, plan and management of the Hershey Food Safety Culture Program globally, including the coordination of key priorities and management of global multi-cultural teams.
· Keep and influence Stakeholders engagement, update and communication on progress on Food Safety culture. Act as the liaison between Senior Executives and Food Safety Culture team.
· Work in partnership with IT developing new ways of communicating and deploying Food Safety to all levels of the organization.
· Work in partnership with Global Supply Chain Academy in Food Safety Culture training modules.
· Advising and assisting the corporate Food Safety Culture leadership team on effective use of communication tools & channels to enhance leadership effectiveness, ensure functional clarity, strengthen food safety culture and promote employee engagement.
· Support leadership team members in the development and execution of their plans & programs.
· Advising and assisting the Corporate Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and Centers of Excellence (COEs) on effective use of communication tools and channels to enhance leadership effectiveness, ensure functional clarity, strengthen food safety culture and promote employee engagement.
· Facilitate the implementation of Specific Food Safety Programs for employee engagement and Proactive mindset (Food Safety Capital Process).
· Work with Subject Matter expert to design and develop Food Safety Training (i.e. Allergens, Sanitation, GMPs).
· Develop Training for Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) and Food Safety Systems.
· Take ALL salaried employees through Behavior Change Programs (Hershey Super Six, Escalation Process, Risk Assessments).
· Promotes project management resources (guidance, tools, templates, best practices) to address BU needs identified by the corporate FSQR leadership team.
· Benchmark with external companies on Food Safety Culture models
· Coach leaders with refinement of external communications (presentations, articles, etc.).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to lead & influence change.
· Knowledge of regulatory and quality system requirements – HACCP, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), etc.
· Team player able to bring diverse people and opinions together to provide optimal solutions.
· Superior communication skills in verbal and written form; advanced presentation and communication skills.
· Able to cultivate a wide range of internal networks and develop and extensive external network.
· Ability to effectively interact with all levels of employees (from Production to VP level).
· Ability to explain complex concepts to non-technical audiences.
· Ability to develop, sponsor, and support the introduction of new and improved methods, products, procedures, and technologies.
· Ability to make business decisions in light of strategic company objectives.
· Advanced problem solving/trouble shooting skills.
· Understanding of a production / manufacturing environment.
· Function as both an individual contributor and overall manager of activities in a matrixed organization.
· Advanced proficiency in computer programs / software such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field required. MBA or Master’s degree highly desirable.
· At least 6 years demonstrated expertise in Food Safety and Quality Principles or related experience required.
· Prior managerial experience is preferred.
· Communications/Public Relations expertise preferred.
· Advanced Project Management Expertise preferred.
· Up to 30% travel primarily within US expected.
· Ability to work flexible hours.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org