Farm Food Safety Manager - Blue Apron – USA
What We Do: At Blue Apron, our mission is to make incredible home cooking accessible to everyone—from the novice cook just getting started to the experienced chef. Each week we send hundreds of thousands of customers all the pre-measured and perfectly proportioned ingredients they need to prepare delicious and healthy meals at home. We introduce our members to new ingredients, flavors, and cooking techniques with seasonally inspired recipes that are always delicious, fun and easy to prepare. We make fresher, healthier food available at better prices by rethinking the grocery supply chain from the table all the way back to the farm.
What We Are Looking For: We are looking for a Farm Food Safety Manager to be responsible for establishing the criteria for and conducting external audits of a variety of commodities and will report directly to the Senior Food Safety Supplier Manager.
About the role
The successful applicant will have the following key accountabilities:
· Develop criteria for assessment and assurance of food safe and compliant farm practices; to ensure the safety of products produced for Blue Apron, in keeping with FDA/FSMA requirements.
· Collaborate with the Farm Sourcing team to establish key metrics for Food Safety Compliance and sustainable growing practices.
· Support the Senior Food Safety Supplier Manager in the implementation and maintenance of the Supplier Management Program.
· Communicate key areas of opportunity with the Sourcing and Senior Food Safety Supplier Manager; thinking critically about ways to overcome obstacles.
· Responsible for assisting farms with developing and improving food safety programs, able to work independently.
· Report grower status in audits, deficiencies, and any changes to grower’s operations by establishing reporting structures. The successful applicant will be qualified by possessing the following key attributes:
· 5 years post-secondary studies Agricultural related / min 2 years completed of degree or diploma
· Ability to work Independently
· Ability to travel 50% nationally
· LGMA / Primus GFS, or Global GAP auditor trained
· HACCP Qualifications
· Must be observant, analytical, and self-reliant
Location: Flexible, role will require travel greater than 50% and can be based anywhere in the U.S.
How to Apply: https://www.blueapron.com/pages/jobs?gh_jid=201375
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com