The comprehensive food
safety information website
Quality Control Inspector (Food) – Roseville, CA
JOB TITLE: Quality Control Inspector – Food Products
SALARY GRADE: E10
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
APPROVAL DATE December 2013
POSITION SUMMARY: Under minimal supervision, the Quality Control Inspector for PRIDE’s Food Product line of business facilitates processes of the established Quality Management System. Employee in this job class coordinate and facilitate quality system processes in a contract manufacturing environment and eliminate, control and prevent compromises in food safety and defense. This job class requires knowledge quality assurance and regulatory affairs pertaining to food handling industry standards and regulations such as: Food Safety (HACCP) and Food Protection programs, National Organic Program (NOP), California Health and Safety Code, Division 104, Part 5 - Sherman Food, Drug and Cosmetic Law: 2008, FDA’s Good Manufacturing practices.
1) *Assist in ensuring fundamental food safety, food protection and quality assurance practices are maintained and followed per procedures and applicable regulations.
2) *Lead on Food Safety audits (U.S.D.A, County Health Dept., F.D.A., Centers for Disease Control, etc.)
3) *Oversee the cleaning, maintenance and sanitization of equipment and facilities according to established rules and regulations.
4) *Conduct daily, weekly and monthly audits as required by procedures and regulations.
5) *Report and document findings for needed changes or adjustments.
6) *Responsible for procedure writing, updates and implementation.
7) Conduct education and training programs such as HACCP and Food Safety.
8) Enforce the proper and secure use of safety equipment.
9) Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
CERTIFICATES REQUIRED: Valid driver’s license.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Employees may experience the following physical demands for extended periods of time:
• Sitting (70-75%)
• Standing and/or walking (20-25%)
• Keyboarding (20-25%)
• Viewing computer monitor requiring close vision (30-35%)
• Driving (45-65%)
• Bend, stoop, and lift (up to 25 pounds) (30-40%)
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed in a business office environment most of the time. The remainder of work is performed in a manufacturing/distribution environment with forklifts and production equipment. Employees may be required to work in excess of 8 hours in a day and/or 40 hours per week. Some travel is required to other site locations.
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
* Denotes Essential Job Function
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org