The comprehensive food
safety information website
Food Safety Specialist - Bessemer City, NC
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE
Coordinate, implement and audit food safety (good agricultural practices) programs for Dole Fresh Vegetables growing, harvesting and cooling operations. Perform audits, generate reports of the audits to assure food safety practices are appropriately followed for all raw material supplies from internal or external sources. Analyze and make recommendations for further improvements to mitigate hazards in growing, harvesting and handling of products; assist in the development and implementation of on-farm food safety programs including training and development of manuals and programs.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
· Ensure that all field food safety programs and procedures are being implemented correctly.
· Perform audits of Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) program.
· In conjunction with the agriculture production and field operations personnel provide training on food safety practices, assist in development of food safety programs.
· Process large volumes of data or information and communicate the information into a full evaluation of an operation, author reports and recommendations for further improvements to mitigate food safety risks.
· Effectively communicate scientific and technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
· Be aware of USEPA, USFDA and USDA regulations and guidelines associated with growing, harvesting, packing, handling and shipping of fresh and fresh-cut fruits and vegetables.
· Under the guidance of Director Food Safety and Quality, execute projects that meet the technical and business objectives of Dole Fresh Vegetables.
· Must be willing to travel to various growing regions in the S.
· Follow all food Safety Requirements’ and Good Manufacturing Practices as applicable to this position.
· Other duties as assigned
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skill And Experience Requirements)
2 -3 years in production agriculture, with 1 year of field food safety auditing experience. Experience in vegetable farming operations is desirable.
Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, must be flexible, even-tempered, a good mediator and forceful. Strong analytical and problem solving skills required, ability to conduct food safety audits, communicate effectively with technical and non-technical personnel, knowledge of food microbiology, knowledge of agrochemicals use, knowledge of basic sanitation techniques and procedures. Strong analytical and problem solving skills required; knowledge of related Federal and State regulations; competency in computer word processing (MS Word), Spreadsheet (Excel) and Database Software (Access) required.
Excellent communications skills. Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred. Will require travel to seasonal growing regions. Able to work in a dynamic, fast-pacedenvironment environment.
Bessemer City, North Carolina, United States
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com