The comprehensive food
safety information website
Food Safety & Quality Lead - Nutricia 1 - Cedar Knolls, NJ
Date: May 15, 2015
Location: Cedar Knolls, US
Nutricia North America, a subsidiary of Danone, is looking for
a Food Safety & Quality Lead in the United States for
Cedar Knolls, NJ.
The Food Safety and Quality Lead is responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of all aspects of quality and food safety (QFS) for our Cedar Knolls, NJ manufacturing facility, key suppliers and 3rd Party co-manufacturers. Other key functions include training and coaching of personnel on QFS related topics, KPI tracking and reporting.
The position works closely with the Country Business Unit (CBU) Quality Manager to provide an interface for local regulatory agencies (FDA) in regards to food safety issues and plays a central role during inspections. Ensures quality management system elements (DMN, regulatory and 3rd party accreditation bodies) system requirements are fully implemented, efficient and diligently monitored to ensure compliance.
Key responsibilities cover Nutricia North America Cedar Knolls manufacturing plant operations, their associated suppliers and 3rd party co-manufacturers.
1. Drive the Quality and Food Safety (QFS) system for the Cedar Knolls manufacturing plant, through effective monitoring of key processes from raw material and packaging material receipt through to final product realization.
2. Formalize & maintain processes through clear & simple procedures.
3. Ensure consistency and effectiveness of processes described in procedures to support to daily performance management.
4. Validate equipment/process/product changes from a quality standpoint.
5. Manage the site internal audit program to ensure compliance between daily practices and the documented quality system, and actively support continuous improvement projects across site.
6. Implement and maintain site sanitation Standard Operating Procedures and provide training to operations team as required.
7. Ensure Good Manufacturing Practices are implemented and maintained throughout the plant operations and that site Quality Key Performance Indicators (KPIís) are regularly monitored.
8. Update site Quality KPI dashboard and ensures timely generation and review of reports with Manufacturing Senior Manager before submitting to Quality Manager.
9. Responsible for maintaining the site HACCP program, ensuring it is reviewed and updated as required.
10. Review, monitor and maintain the site Allergen Control Program to ensure practices conform to the medical divisionís directive on storage and handling of allergens, and ensure all personnel involved with allergens are sufficiently trained.
11. Ensure siteís chemical and microbiological testing programs (methods and sampling plans) for raw materials, packaging materials, In-process checks and finished products are adhered to, in order to guarantee product and process safety and conformance.
12. Manage the site non-conformance/deviation and CAPA programs.
13. Monitor customer complaints and conduct investigations in a timely manner.
14. Participate in the successful implementation of the site Safety program (WISE) and DaMaWay processes.
15. Assists the Quality Manager in drafting the site related standard operating procedures for the successful implementation of FSSC22000.
16. Ensure supplier and 3rd party manufacturing compliance by ensuring all delivered materials and products meet specifications as agreed.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
∑ Experience working in high care food environment.
∑ Experience managing Food Safety Systems (HACCP,ISO 22000, FSS22000 or related systems) and familiarity with local agency GMP requirements (FDA, USDA).
∑ Experience writing and implementing quality and product safety procedures within a food/pharmaceutical based operational environment.
∑ Strong quality and safety knowledge and culture.
∑ Strong ability to initiate and lead change at site level.
∑ Ability to communicate both orally and in writing in a clear and concise manner.
∑ Team player, pro-active, doer and result oriented.
∑ Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Power-point.
∑ The position may require some domestic travel (10%). Occasional weekend travel and work required for audits and inspections.
∑ The job involves some periods of standing and walking in production and warehouse, and lifting of moderately heavy (not to exceed 30lbs) of items such as equipment kits and product cases.
∑ Bachelorís Degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Chemical Engineering or similar background.
∑ 3+ years Quality related experience in a food/pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
∑ HACCP or GMP related certification
∑ GFSI implementation experience
∑ Knowledge and experience working with HACCP based Food safety quality management systems
∑ Experience working with Electronic Management Systems (EMS) like MAS
∑ Team member with ability to positively influence peers in a cross functional environment
∑ Ability to work with minimum supervision
∑ Flexible and pro-active approach to work to ensure timely delivery of site objectives
∑ Creative approach to problem solving
For more information
about Danone, its people and its business, please visit danone.com We
have something special inside, do you?
††††††††††† Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
††††††††††† If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org