The comprehensive food
safety information website
Associate Product Developer – 15002085 - IL- Chicago
Basic Purpose-BASIC PURPOSE To support the development of innovative and consumer driven new exclusive brand products. Assist in the product development process from ideation to product launch formula/spec development and commercialization.
· Contribute to Exclusive Brands profitable growth and overall success, with focus on new offering innovation, and aligned with overall US Foods strategy.
· Collaborate with Category, Marketing, FSQA and other functions to drive project potential and assure aligned direction on priorities
· Align with key vendors and facilitate the on-boarding of new vendors. Build effective relationship with the vendor community
· Develop best-in-class nutritional attributes, formulas and product and ingredient specifications that meet corporate, regulatory, and consumer/customer needs. Ensure that brand integrity and brand strategies are maintained.
· Ensure that specifications, preparation instructions and nutritional information are accurate and complete.
· Collaborate with the cross functional team to make sure that projects are delivered with the highest quality to the business on agreed timelines and within budget.
· .Provide support to Marketing events and promotions.
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***
· 4 yrs College Degree or equivalent in food science and/or nutrition required
· Minimum 2 years’ related work experience in CPG, retail or foodservice.
· Expertise in product development and new product innovation, with extensive Product Development/Food Science discipline
· Excellent knowledge of HACCP and its application in food industry.
· The candidate must have a strong foundation in the core fundamentals of the culinary arts
· Strong passion for food and the drive to develop this passion throughout the organization
· strong sensory evaluation and analysis skills
· High collaboration and project management skills to work across a broad business base. Ability to influence and translate technical information in a non-technical way to all levels in an organization. Strong judgement and decision making skillls.
· Highly organized with a strong focus on detail and accuracy. Ability to thrive in a complex, high demand, evolving environment, requiring quick responsiveness. They must be able to handle multiple priorities while maintaining focus on the bottom line. The candidate must demonstrate a high degree of written and verbal skills and have excellent organization and presentation skills.
· Work effectively as an individual with minimal supervision or as a team member as required
· Must possess a workable knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Physical Requirements: Must possess a valid driver’s license, be able to sit and stand for long periods of time and be able and willing to travel.
Policy on Third Party Unsolicited Resume Submissions
Employment agencies that have fee agreements with US Foods and have been engaged on a search shall submit résumé to the designated US Foods recruiter or, upon US Foods authorization, submit résumé into this career site to be eligible for placement fees.
Physical Requirements Physical Requirements: Must possess a valid driver’s license, be able to sit and stand for long periods of time and be able and willing to travel.
: IL-Chicago Metro-Rosemont
: Day Job
: Brand Management
: Individual Contributor
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com