Product/Process Commercialization Lead
is with Harmless Harvest, Inc., an independently owned, progressive food and
beverage company. The position is located at the San Francisco
Harvest is passionate about creating products with superior consumer
preference. This position will lead the technical scale up of product
concepts from culinary prototype to full scale commercial manufacture.
The role will then drive improvements for existing products including the evaluation
of new materials, processes and technologies.
- Qualify new ingredients
suppliers and contract manufacturers for food safety and quality systems
including document review and site audits as necessary.
- Qualify new ingredients for
functionality and quality.
- Create preliminary food safety
plan for new products.
- Manage technical aspects of
label development including all elements of the information panel and
- Lead technical aspects of
product scale up from culinary concept to full scale commercial
- Provide quality and technical
support for new product design and existing product optimization to
assure that both consumer preference and food safety objectives are
- Provide technical guidance for
product and process problem resolution.
- Lead evaluation and development
of appropriate processing technology to meet design objectives.
- Validate process for food
safety requirements and consumer preference criteria with support of QA
Director and microbiology resources.
- Design verification strategies
for product manufacture.
- Develop and validate
testing/monitoring methods as required.
- Support commercialization scale
up at manufacturing locations, US and International.
- Maintain associated documents
- This position will support
product review and release for US operations.
- May function as project manager
for development of key products.
- Support financial analysis of
new processes and technologies.
- The position may support design
of new lines and/or facilities.
- This position will provide
on-site support to manufacturing locations.
- This position may support
operations of HH Thailand and other affiliates as well as HH US.
- The role is a part of the
Quality Assurance function. It supports food safety, product
reliability and consumer preference objectives.
- This role supports the Product
Development team in creating product prototypes, and is supported by the
Product Development team in bringing those prototypes to full scale
- The role is responsible to help
Project Management to create and meet appropriate schedules and time
lines for business objectives.
- The role collaborates with
Operations in selection and management of Contract Manufacturing
partners or in the design and installation of Harmless Harvest
- Additionally, the role will
support the Finance function with cost and budget information for
projects and project returns.
successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- BS or MS degree in Food
Science, Microbiology, Engineering or related technical field.
- Minimum 2 years of quality
assurance and/or product development experience.
- Knowledge of HACCP, Food Safety
Management, Statistical analysis and Food Microbiology.
- Familiarity with a range of
food ingredients and processes strongly preferred.
- Experience with one or more
non-thermal processing technologies preferred.
- Experience in process
validation is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Aseptic or ESL
packaging is preferred.
- Completion of Better Process
Control School is strongly preferred.
- Experience with food packaging
- Strong written and verbal
communication skills including ability to represent the company needs
when dealing with vendors, contract manufacturers and other departments
within the corporation.
- Excellent organizational skills
and attention to detail in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent computer skills in
Outlook, Word, Excel, Access.
- Ability to periodically lift,
push and pull 50+ pounds, stand, walk, kneel, bend, and reach for
extended periods of time.
- This position will require
travel to testing laboratories, manufacturing locations and business
partners as projects require, between 30 and 60%. Travel will not
normally be on short notice, and will vary with project phases and timing.