Quality Control | Easley, SC, United States
AdvancePierre Foods, a leader in the food industry, is
a rapidly growing company that values a talented, diverse and dedicated
workforce. We have an opening for QUALITY MANAGER. Our
rapid growth allows us to provide a wide array of developmental
opportunities, and we reward associates who are results-oriented, live up to
their commitments, and who can align their work activities with the goals of
GREAT BENEFITS! (Medical, Dental, 401K Match)
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
- SQF Practitioner on location
- Verify and validate the
established quality programs, process controls, SSOP, SPS and HACCP
- Document quality department
functions on incoming ingredients, production processes and finish goods
to ensure compliance to specifications.
- Supervise the Quality
Supervisors and Quality Technicians
- Monitor quality procedures and
customer program requirements.
- Conduct tests, projects and
process improvement work to obtain company’s goals.
- Investigate customer complaints
and assist in product recall.
- Maintain and verify all
ingredients, packaging materials and finished products on QC hold in
- Work with other departments on
continuous improvement of quality, yields and efficiencies so the
company can be more successful.
- Improve the effectiveness of
the quality system to better serve the business.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for Food Safety and
- Ensure food safety and personal
safety of people in our plant.
- Monitor production conditions,
specifications, process controls and tracking controls.
- Develop and monitor a system
that will verify checks on existing production control forms and be
audited on the same forms that meets all program requirements.
- Assure that finished product
specification sheets are correct and verified.
- Develop and train quality
technicians and production monitors to monitor the HACCP CCP’s and
control points. If problems exist then take appropriate measures to
correct any problems.
- Audit and verify all
temperatures recorded on the production line. Take corrective actions whenever
necessary and assist in determining the root cause, implementing
corrective actions and developing a preventative measure as needed.
- Audit and verify weights of
ingredient against the weights on the product specification sheet. Take
corrective actions when necessary.
- Develop and monitor finished
product evaluations as determined by customer or in-house requirements.
- Verify all net weight checks.
Limits must meet those required in the approved program. Keep check on
process controls that effect product consistencies, quality and economic
losses - product on the floor, over weights, etc.
- In the event of absence, the
next level down on the organizational chart covers for the next level
up. In this case, the Quality Supervisor is in charge in the absence of
the Quality Manager.
- Employee has an individual
responsibility to report all possible deficiencies or practices that
could compromise food safety.
- Employee is to adhere to all
Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) at all times.
- A supplier rating system based
on incoming ingredient inspections and warehouse incoming inspections
should be maintained.
- Temperature, weights and pack
date must be checked on all meats received.
- All raw materials, meat and
non-meat, must be inspected when received and marked with the in-house
item number for tracking.
- Random sampling for bacteria of
raw meat materials and finished product.
- The ROSS hold report must be
reviewed and the warehouse department and supply chain notified of
- Verify sanitation
pre-operational inspections and advise the sanitation management of any
deficiencies that need corrected that night.
- Monitor all quality procedures
and create or update procedures as necessary.
- Write an agenda and schedule
weekly Quality Supervisor meetings and monthly quality technician
meetings. Keep all quality employees informed of company developments or
changes affecting finished product specifications, quality procedures or
- Work closely with the USDA in
maintaining compliance with federal regulations for labeling, sanitation
and operating procedures.
- Work closely with Production,
Customer Relations, Sales and Warehousing to achieve company goals for
quality, productivity and yields.
- Possess sufficient knowledge of
ingredients and finished products to be in position to act as source of
information and trouble-shooter.
- Keep abreast of company
developments that affect product specifications, quality, processes,
- Perform special assignments as
needed by the Director of Quality.
- Effectively utilize the
resources (personnel and lab) of the Quality Department.
- Review budgeted line items that
are under the quality department.
- Verify SSOP, GMPs and HACPP CCP
- Conduct plant walk through to
verify that the Quality Supervisor and quality technicians are
addressing their responsibilities and are at their assigned stations.
- Monitor employee’s personal GMP
practices on the production floor.
- On line training of the quality
technicians (as needed) as well as mentoring team leaders in quality
- Attend production meetings to
address issues that the Quality Supervisors or quality technicians
cannot get solved on their own.
- Verify that the paperwork is
- Pre-shipment review of HACCP
paperwork in a timely manner that does not delay shipping.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
and work well without close supervision.
- Be capable of making sound
judgments and decisions.
- Be able to direct personnel and
discipline fairly, even-handily and consistently.
- Be able to communicate
effectively to all levels of management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in food
technology/science with meats background is preferred or degreed in a
- Supervisory experience in
If you are interested in this great opportunity with a
competitive salary, please apply now!