Product Development Scientist
Redwood City, CA, United States
The candidate will be responsible for Food Product Development:
• Bringing new products with associated new technology to market.
• Leading and/or supporting feasibility, development, and commercialization
aspects of new product projects; managing project plans and timelines for
• Developing target design for new products and helping to
ensure manufactured product on-target quality
• Designing, planning and executing experiments for bench top, pilot plant
and plant trials, gathering and analyzing data, documenting and reporting
results, and making recommendations based on findings.
• Conducting sensory and consumer testing, shelf life and product stability
studies, and recommending storage and handling requirements
• Supporting scale-up and commercialization efforts led by Engineering,
Operations and/or Co-Manufacturing teams
• Leading and/or supporting problem-solving, productivity, and quality
• Writing detailed ingredient, product, and process specifications
• Supporting labeling, nutritional, regulatory, and food safety efforts
• Managing relationships with suppliers and business partners in Marketing,
Sourcing, Finance, Quality, and R&D.
• Other duties as assigned
Education And Experience
• BS/MS/PhD in Chemistry, Food Science, Chemical Engineering or
related fields, with 5+ years of industrial experience in the food
• Proven track record of successful product launches and experience in
product development technology within the Food Industry.
Candidates should possess
• Strong technical and project management skills with results orientation
• Knowledge and experience with ingredient functionality, product design
and formulation, and commercialization