Food Safety Quality and Regulatory Lead-SWA00081 - Swanton, VT
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Feed & Nutrition develops, manufactures and markets a broad range of animal feeds and customized animal nutrition solutions direct to producers and through dealers in more than 25 countries. The business sells branded products in many species segments, including: Aquaculture, Beef, Dairy, Poultry, Pork, Pet food.
The majority of product is sold through the Cargill®, Nutrena® and non-U.S.. Purina® brands. Additional products are sold under the Loyall® pet food brand and Promote® feed additives brand. Commercial agricultural feed is sold in different forms such as concentrate and complete feed.
The business also includes CAN Technologies Inc., which provides technical services, technology licensing, software and management services to both internal and external customers.
Lead internal collaboration and connectivity in the Food Safety Quality and Regulatory (FSQR) function to ensure implementation of best practices, training and consistency of FSQR policies and standards and overall quality assurance program within a CAN location/facility.
Responsible within a location for the management of the FSQR function including: continuous improvement of the FSQR processes and systems, ensuring compliance to audits and standards, and assist with customer specifications and quality issues.
Position would be responsible to ensure that EHS training and new procedure implementation are executed.
The relative percentages of the responsibilities and duties will vary according to the complexity of the facility/location.
· 30% - Responsible for, training development, scheduling engagement, SOP training/development/implementation and review, annual internal FSQR audit and . Shape food/feed safety, quality and regulatory culture/reputation, assist to ensure customer complaint issues are addressed.
· 20% - EHS training schedule is executed and up to date. Tracking new procedure implementation. Incident or near miss follow up actions have been implemented. Other EHS requirements as assigned.
· 10% - Plan, coordinate and lead all regulatory compliance programs within the location to ensure compliance with CAN FSQR Policy Manual, governmental and customer requirements and expectations.
· 10% - Plan, coordinate and direct all laboratory programs within the location to ensure compliance with CAN Innovation Center (Elk River), as well as StarLIMS, governmental and customer requirements and expectations.
· 10% - Plan, coordinate and lead all food/feed safety programs within the location to ensure compliance with CAN FSQR Policy Manual, governmental and customer and supplier requirements and expectations.
· 10% - Plan, coordinate and lead all quality programs within the location to ensure compliance with CAN FSQR Policy Manual, Gold Standard Testing, governmental and customer requirements and expectations.
· 10% - Other duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma
· 2+ years of Food Safety Quality and Regulatory experience required and/or related experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Basic Auditing/Compliance experience– Applies basic auditing and quality compliance skills to identify and manage risks/compliance.
· Attention to detail
· Demonstrates organizational skills
· Moderate computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, and database navigation)
· Ability to train employees and influence change.
· Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science, Food Science, or Biological Sciences preferred.
· Demonstrated change management in an industrial setting
· Experience in leading cross functional teams
· SAP experience
· Basic Knowledge of Cargill’s Policies & Standards – Applies CFSRA policy & standards to enhance food safety & quality
· Basic Business Acumen – Applies basic business acumen to partner effectively with business counterparts
· Basic Scientific Knowledge - Applies basic scientific knowledge & principles to identify & manage risk
· Basic External Partnering – Builds basic relationships & negotiates effectively with external groups
· Basic HACCP Knowledge/Implementation - Applies HACCP to identify & control food safety hazards
· Basic Customer Specification Management – Interfaces effectively with customers; ensures products meet customer specifications; answers questions & solves customer problems
· Basic Supplier Quality Assurance – Identifies & addresses basic supplier quality issues
· Basic Plant Manufacturing Knowledge – Demonstrates basic practical knowledge of manufacturing processes & operations
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com