FlavorCell Lab Technician (41261) - Hunt Valley, MD
Req Id 41261 - Posted 05/13/2016 - United States - Maryland - Hunt Valley - Research & Development - Full-Time
McCormick & Company, Incorporated, a global leader in flavor, is seeking a Lab Technician for its Technical Innovation Center located in Hunt Valley, MD. With $4 billion in annual sales, the company manufactures markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick Brings Passion to Flavor™.
As an employer recognized for our exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick & Co., Inc. offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services which address the needs of employees and their families. McCormick’s benefits include, but are not limited to tuition assistance, medical & dental, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacations.
Under the general supervision of the FlavorCell Work Leader, incumbent will be responsible for operating a FlavorCell pilot production line as required to provide extrusion encapsulated flavor samples for product Research and Development. Routinely prepares dry powder blends and occasionally prepares simple liquid blends. Performs routine process equipment maintenance and adjustments. Maintains records of all raw materials usage and process data collected during pilot production runs. Communicates daily with FlavorCell R&D team to report pilot production schedule and discuss observations.
Lab Technicican II
· Ability to lift 10 pounds continuously, 20-50 pounds frequently.
· Ability to work overtime as needed is required.
· Twelve college credits in science and/or math OR two years food or pharmaceutical lab/manufacturing experience and knowledge of GMPs required.
· Ability to work accurately with calculations, such as ratios, decimals, percentages, etc.
· Demonstrated data entry and basic PC skills, including Excel required
· Demonstrated working knowledge of BatchMetrics preferred.
· Demonstrated problem solving skills required.
· Good communication skills, including written and verbal required.
· Proven ability to work within a team environment as well as the ability to work independently required.
· Demonstrated ability to work with hand tools to perform routine process equipment maintenance and adjustments required.
· Demonstrated ability to perform electrical and mechanical system troubleshooting required.
· Experience with extrusion equipment required.
Lab Technician III
· Twenty-four college credits in science and/or math OR four years food or pharmaceutical lab/manufacturing experience required
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org