Food Safety Scientist-1400271 - IL-Glenview
Kraft Foods Group is one of the most admired and largest food and beverage businesses in North America. We’re also one of the largest worldwide among publicly traded consumer packaged food and beverage companies, based on our 2012 combined net revenues of $18.7 billion.
We manufacture and market food and beverage products, including convenient meals, Refreshment beverages and coffee, cheese and other grocery products, primarily in the United States and Canada, under a host of iconic brands. Our product categories span breakfast, lunch and dinner meal occasions, both at home and in foodservice locations.
Our diverse brand portfolio consists of many of the most popular food brands in North America, Including three brands with annual net revenues exceeding $1 billion each – Kraft cheeses, dinners and dressings; Oscar Mayer meats; and Maxwell House coffees – plus over 20 brands with annual net revenues of between $100 million and $1 billion each.
In the United States, based on dollar share in 2012, we hold the number one branded share position in a majority of our 50 product categories, as well as in 18 of our top 20 product categories. We hold the number two branded share position in the other two product categories.
This position is responsible for reviewing food safety programs and, specifically, CCP validations at external manufacturers and suppliers that handle sensitive products (e.g., RTE Dairy, RTE Meat and RTE Vegetable products). Programs include HACCP, Pathogen Environmental Monitoring, Zoning, GMP, and validation of lethality steps. Also, included are laboratory programs and methods.
Provide support, as needed, to Business Units / Region with Technical visits to potential and existing suppliers/co-manufacturers to verify that key Food Safety and Microbiology programs are in place and validated. In addition, work with business partners to identify gaps and recommend corrective actions.
· Provide scientific and technical food safety and microbiological support to the BU/Region to ensure product safety and quality by conducting technical assessments of high risk suppliers and co-manufacturers. Identify and communicate food safety risks to Business Unit/Kraft Supplier Region, giving actionable advice on Food Safety programs
· Review the validation/ of Food Safety programs at supplier, co-manufacturers and Kraft Foods facilities and recommend improvement programs to ensure brand protection & contribute to business growth.
· Partner with business partners where improvements and execution of relevant HACCP models and PEM are required at suppliers.
· Conduct validation of Critical Control Points related to kill steps (Cooking, Smoking, Blanching, etc) and assess validity of data obtained by others
· Continuously improve technical skills in food safety and understanding of food microbiology, epidemiology and food hygiene matters.
· Conduct validation studies to determine critical limits for critical processes and partner with external institutions and business partners to update/maintain CCP models.
· Liaise externally to ensure most relevant information and emerging issues are identified and incorporated in food safety visits.
· Continue to develop technical visit criteria and program to incorporate new learning's and institutionalize them for future visits.
· M.S. or PhD in Food Safety or Microbiology or closely related field and 1 - 2 years’ experience in applied microbiology or related discipline.
· Knowledge of HACCP
· Knowledge of GMP, Pathogen Environmental Monitoring, and Facility / Equipment Design
· Knowledge of Microbiology Laboratory Techniques with awareness of rapid test methods
· Awareness of quality systems/processes/auditing
· Experience with validation of Critical Control Point (Lethality steps such as roasters, cookers, and smokehouse).
· Excellent communication skills (presentation, report writing).
· Knowledge of GFSI Schemes
· Good people skills
· Action oriented
· Knowledge of basic computer skills.
Kraft Foods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Kraft recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
: Research & Development
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org