The comprehensive food
safety information website
Quality Assurance Manager
Based at our Chaska location, you will be a member of the facility Quality Assurance Department, and gets functional direction from the Director of Quality Assurance for American Blue Ribbon Holdings Bakery (Legendary Baking).
The Quality Assurance Manager plans, coordinates, and directs the food safety and quality assurance/control program at the facility level, which is designed to ensure continuous production of safe products consistent with established standards. This is accomplished through the subordinate quality assurance staff at the manufacturing facility level.
This position interacts with the facility quality assurance staff, Legendary Baking plant management and crewmembers to verify quality and ensure compliance with food safety policies, regulations and product specifications. This position has frequent contact with personnel from internal and external suppliers and customers. This position also provides training on product quality and specifications, and interacts with regulatory agencies regarding conformance to requirements.
If you have ready to eat experience in the food business we what you to join the folks who are proud to say we make the PIES in America and can prove it.
· Provide overall people leadership to the quality assurance/control staff; provide food quality and food safety goals, frequent communication with quality assurance staff to resolve problems and issues and execute the performance management process.
· Facilitate the activities pertaining to ensuring product quality and compliance with specifications. Keep supervisor informed of any changes in technical specifications.
· Consult and advise plant manager on quality issues. Lead the team to find solutions to problems. Keep supervisor informed of any issues pertaining to product quality.
· Responsible for the knowledge, understanding, and enforcement of all company policies and regulations. Works to ensure American Blue Ribbon Holdings Vision Values and Culture is understood and followed by all employees starting with she/he behavior of leading by example.
· Monitors and records food safety, food quality, or security issues and concerns daily. Communicates and resolves any violations of food safety, food quality, or security when it is observed or reported. Escalates food safety, food quality, or security issues and concerns to QA Director and Plant Manager as appropriate.
· Take steps as needed to control potentially unsafe or poor quality product. This may include isolating product or shutting down product lines. Report to supervisor any serious food quality or food safety issues not resolved at the facility level.
· Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy of finished product.
· Develop, implement, and maintain HACCP programs, verify all critical control points.
· Formulate and maintain food quality and food safety objectives and coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with plant manager to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
· Direct crewmembers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over ingredients, packaging, work-in-process (WIP), finished product and equipment.
· Plan, promote, and organize training activities related to food quality and food safety.
SKILL OR SPECIALIZATION REQUIRED:
· Four year degree in Food Science or related field
· 8 + years of experience.
· Must be able to successfully complete and become certified in a SQF.
· Must possess the ability to understand and execute a variety of regulatory and company procedures and policies.
· Must be computer literate, including word processing and spreadsheet applications.
· Must be able to work independently, at a fast pace, follow and give directions and make decisions.
· Must have the ability to interact positively with all employees.
We believe in treating
our team right and offer exceptional benefits including: Competitive Pay,
Health / Dental and vision Insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan, FREE Life &
Accidental Death Insurance, FREE Short & Long term Disability and FREE
Discount Purchasing Plan, Paid Vacation Time, sick days, Holidays & much
more! We offer enrollment into our insurance on the first day of month after
you are hired.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org