Food Development Chemist-RES000446 - MI-Battle Creek
Innovate with us as you successfully fulfill the role of scientist in the food chemistry laboratory. You will demonstrate and/or develop expertise in the operation of key analytical instrumentation and direct/perform analyses. Engage with us with your creativity and problem solving skills to help ensure that the Kellogg’s brand upholds the quality we are known for. While you are at it, you’ll be building your network and expertise in a thriving environment of professional development and teamwork. And together we’ll shape a stronger future for our company and your career.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
· Directing the activities of one to four analysts
· Creatively using state-of-the art instrumentation, developing new methods and new approaches to resolve complex food-chemistry challenges.
· Acting as a technical resource to the Company, participating on project teams in Research, Quality, and Product Development and providing support to manufacturing issues
· Consulting with customers to appropriately apply testing to meet project objectives
· Troubleshooting and problem solving a variety of technical issues on ingredients and finished products, involving aspects of ingredient functionality, processing, stability, and shelf life. Travel for project work and problem solving is required
· Responsible for maintaining state-of-the-art food science knowledge and laboratory skills to meet business objectives
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
· Technical leadership with a customer service oriented mindset is critical to this position
· This position requires an individual to use critical thinking skills, creativity and flexibility to successfully conduct project work and investigate and develop experiments to solve technical problems on a variety of product and processing issues
· The successful candidate will be able to competently perform and direct hands-on laboratory work.
· This job requires a Doctor of Philosophy degree with experience in Food Science, Food Engineering or related field with a specialization in Spectroscopy and Image Analysis using a variety of analytical techniques.
· Ideal candidate will have a strong expertise in the use of NMR, Infrared Spectroscopy, Raman, UV-VIS, hyperspectral imaging, X-Ray, Microscopy and a working knowledge of mass spectrometry and separations science techniques of foods, such as cereal, snacks, and raw materials.
ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
This role requires travel and flexibility in your schedule since you may have the opportunity to travel 50-60 % of the time
Kellogg is an equal opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Kellogg is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
: Research and Development
: USA-MI-Battle Creek - Corporate Headquarters
: Jun 28, 2015, 9:59:00 PM
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org