Title: Quality Assurance Supervisor
Summary: Lead the companyís continuous improvement of food safety and
quality systems within Sparboe Foods-New Hampton,
Iowa. Has direct reports that implement some
aspect of the policies and procedures of the food safety and quality
- Ensure that Sparboe Foods establish and consistently meet
exceptional quality standards.
- Oversee Quality Assurance
Technicians and the monitoring of Food Safety and Quality Systems.
- Sparboe Foods SQF Practitioner under
the direction of QA Manager.
- Develop, implement and
maintain HACCP plans and Quality Systems Manuals including
documentation, validation and verification, ensure that records and
reports are completed timely.
- Prepare for and participate
in audits and inspections from customers and third parties (AIB/SQF).
- Monitor customer complaints
and out of compliant product.
- Communicate test results with
plant management, corporate management and customers by coordinating
the distribution of COAs.
- Assist with implementation of
corrective action for audit deficiencies and customer complaints as
- Lead Sparboe
Foods trace back and recall program.
- Develop testing/reporting for
plant and suppliers.
- Provide technical support for
sales staff, including sending samples to customers and handling
Requests for Information (RFI).
- Help to trouble shoot root
causes for product that does not meet internal and customer
- Report and document any
potential production problems. Provide input, observations, and
recommendations of solutions to management.
- Document all work according
to established procedures.
- Assist Management in
identifying inefficient and ineffective processes and procedures,
recommend and assist in the implementation of improvements.
- Verify documentation and
procedures according to the facilities Quality Systems Manual and
- Supervise sampling procedures
for environmental and product testing to analyze product for
bacteriological, chemical, or physical properties.
- Develop, implement and
enforce Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPís), Standard
Operating Procedure (SOPís) and Good
Manufacturing Practices (GMPís) including inspecting the plant,
equipment and employees during production.
- Facilitate employee training
on food safety and quality procedures.
- Assist with process start up:
work with production to ensure that processing and formulas are
carried out according to specifications. Assist with the
training of personnel on formulas, processing procedures,
specifications, new equipment operations.
- Verify product labeling to
ensure compliance with company policy and USDA regulations.
- Report any food safety and
quality issues/problems to personnel with authority to initiate
- Work on special projects as
needed including research and development.
- Some travel to other Sparboe Companies operations or customers for
Skills and Experience Needed:
- Preferred candidate will have
a Bachelorís degree in Food Science, Food Technology, Animal Science
or a related field and HACCP accreditation.
- Demonstrated strong written
and verbal communication, interpersonal and customers service skills.
- Computer Skills. Including
Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Good judgment. Focus on
detail and accuracy a must. Ability to multi-task.
- Attention to detail and
- Strong organizational skills
and ability to lead a team effort.
- Project a professional image
- Excellent communication
skills, both verbal and written.
- Tact in dealing with others
while remaining persistent.
- Perseverance to fix the
underlying root problems instead of going for a quick fix.
- Ability to work
collaboratively across functions to develop or modify system processes
to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
M-F 8:00am to 3:30pm OR Online
Sparboe Foods, LLC
900 North Linn Ave.
New Hampton, IA 50659-1204
Sparboe Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer