Food Safety Superintendent-COL00317 - Columbus, NE
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The purpose of this role is to design, implement and improve the quality management system of the facility. This position will lead the facility quality team as they develop, implement, review and maintain the quality programs of the facility. This position will also insure that product specifications and labels are accurate and current. Additionally, this position will act as the primary contact for customer inquiries, complaints and specifications review.
30% - Lead Facility Quality Team in development of HACCP, quality prerequisite programs and behavior based programs. Work closely with other production facilities to insure consistency across the enterprise.
25% - Ensure that the Helix program is functioning and being utilized properly. Act as the Helix "Super User" and assure that worksheets used and data captured support the plant QMS.
25% - Responsible for initiating and tracking plant Continuous Improvement projects. Utilize data from QMS captured by Helix.
10% - Ensure that products are produced to specifications. Manage MOC process, specification and product quality reviews. Work with Corporate labeling team to ensure label accuracy.
10% - Conduct MOS training and Sustainability audits by department.
Requires occasional travel.
· Bachelor's degree in Science related field.
· Technical knowledge in the areas of quality assurance, food safety, meat and poultry science.
· Minimum of 3 years experience in food manufacturing or relevant experience.
· Knowledge of specifications
· Basic computer skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
· Superior written and verbal communication skills
· Strong analytical skills
· Ability to lead cross functional teams
· Advanced degree in Animal Science, Food Science, Biological Sciences or related field.
· Certification or training in Six Sigma or lean manufacturing.
· 5 years experience in Quality, Food Safety, Auditing, etc.
· 2 years of supervisory experience.
· Deep product knowledge expertise.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com