Quality Supervisor - 1st Shift - AdvancePierre Foods
· Provide on-the-job and classroom training for both hourly Quality Technicians and production employees.
· Work with hourly Quality Technicians to further their skills in both written and verbal communication
Schedule the hours and control the overtime of Quality
Technicians at the production facility
Food Safety and Quality
· Support facility Food Safety/Regulatory Compliance programs such as Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP), Sanitation Standard Operation Procedures (SSOP's), and Sanitation Performance Standards (SPS) and all product Quality requirements established by both the company and by customers
· Schedule, coordinate and/or perform Food Safety, regulatory audits and/or verifications and all quality verifications
· Assist with maximizing facility efficiencies by proactively addressing situations that could lead to downtime or product loss
Assist in development and enhancement of all
programs and procedures
· Provide verification services in the areas of receiving, storage of ingredients, packaging and raw materials, pest control, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's), net weights, proper labeling, quality characteristics, and other general inspections, as needed.
· Support production in all areas of quality and conformance to product specifications
· Job responsibilities can require working variable hours, weekends, and some holidays
· Maintain effective working relationships with all levels of company personnel, USDA, and customers.
· Job responsibilities will include operation of a fork lift and/or pallet jack.
· Will cross-train at raw and RTE facilities in case of coverage needs
· Responsible for reviewing all Quality and HACCP records for accuracy and compliance with USDA regulation and/or company policy and effectively communicating discrepancies to Quality Leaders
Initiate and track maintenance work orders in support of food
safety and product quality programs
· Perform all assigned daily duties following all required safety procedures (lock out/tag out, slip and fall safety, etc.)
· Train and supervise assigned hourly Quality Technicians in carrying out their daily duties following required safety procedures.
· Be fiscally responsible in department and company as a whole
· Allow for and be a participant of ongoing innovations and process improvements.
· Lead by example, morally and ethically.
Continue education to allow for personal growth and identifying
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Stay on task and finish on time
· Complete short-term and long-term projects
· Maintain a continuous process
· Perform multiple tasks
· Analyze and create better methods for completing job functions
· Set, meet, and evaluate short-term goals and objectives
Create, prioritize, plan, and complete job functions and
projects with little or no supervision
· Possess good attitude
· Willingly carry out assignments
· Communicate clearly and concisely
· Ask questions when unclear of assignment
· Possess team-oriented attitude
· Communicate problems and solutions to others
· Train others on tasks
· Communicate effectively in stressful situations
· Remain calm when discussing emotional matters
· Knowledge and use of motivational language
· Ability and willingness to see other's perspectives
· Ability and willingness to be empathetic when appropriate
· Utilize leadership skills
· Behave in a professional and trustworthy manner in all work related situations
Perform additional duties as required
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org