Quality Assurance Specialist I - Essex/Williston, VT
- Quality Assurance/Control
- Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc.
Keurig Green Mountain creates the ultimate beverage experience in every life we touch from source to cup – transforming the way the world understands business.
SUMMARY: The Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for supporting Essex & Williston Plant Operations from a Quality perspective. This position analyzes and solves quality problems, prepares procedures, trains QC inspectors, performs audits, analyzes quality costs and other quality data, applies quality tools and fundamental statistical methods for process control, and reports regularly on quality issues. This position promotes and supports Keurig Green Mountain's continuous improvement efforts and initiatives, supporting the Keurig Green Mountain Coffee Operations in all aspects of Quality and the Company Purpose and Principles.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This role has no direct reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Support the new product and process development equipment, specifically trials and test runs for material, process, product, and/or suppliers.
· Develop, in partnership with the Quality Manager and/or the Coffee Department, appropriate testing, procedures and programs to promote product and process quality.
· Train the QC Auditors and Technicians to ensure proper performance occurs regarding quality testing and that procedures and policies are compliant with Keurig Green Mountain standards and customer specifications.
· Performs audits to ensure product specifications meet defined customer requirements and is properly recorded and documented to Keurig Green Mountain specifications.
· Monitor the QC’s staff performance to ensure that labeling, product information and product packaging satisfies Keurig Green Mountain and/or customer specifications.
· Train team members in basic quality principles, tools and continuous process improvement initiatives.
· Assist in facilitating resolutions to daily production quality issues.
· Test Finished Goods according to a regular/randomized schedule to aid quality assurance efforts.
· Troubleshoot, analyze and resolve quality issues utilizing various quality tools and techniques.
· Develop, maintain, communicate and report quality information records and reports which adequately communicates production capabilities, quality issues, priorities and status.
· Maintain quality databases which includes design, create, import, export, query, report and analyze.
· Associates degree preferred.
· 5+ years of experience in the Food industry required.
· 2+ years experience in a production environment required.
· 2+ years of Quality experienced desired.
· Certified as an ASQ Quality Auditor or Quality Technician desired.
· Technical skills and and QA Lab tools experience – broad exposure base desired.
· Must be proficient with all Microsoft Office product tools; statistical/analytical experience using Excel and Access experience desired.
· Coffee sensory process experience desired.
· High level of self-initiative, ability to work independently, comfortable dealing with ambiguity and able to multi-task and prioritize effectively in a dynamic environment.
· Effective problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to get along with others, be punctual, dependable and able to follow instructions.
· Ability to uphold Safety standards, participates in Continuous Process Improvement on the job, and follows our Manufacturing best practices.
· Ability to follow GMCR policies and procedures as well as our Operating principles.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
· Walking the interior and exterior of the plant monitoring, assessing, and interacting with associates (50%-70% of the workday).
· Sedentary light office work with high frequency of keyboarding/computer work required (30% - 50% of the workday).
· Must be able to travel independently and flexible to travel, particularly to other Vermont Operation sites.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org