The comprehensive food
safety information website
Quality Assurance Supervisor – Taylor Farms – Orlando, FL
Reports To: QA Manager
Educational Background Requirements:
Bachelor Degree in science related field, preferably Microbiology, Food Science,
Biology, Chemistry and Agricultural Business and/or Crop Science Or minimum of 8 years
work experience with Quality Assurance in a food plant manufacturing environment.
The primary role of the Quality Assurance Supervisor position is to ensure compliance with all relevant
Regulatory Requirements and Guidelines, Ensure compliance with all Customer Expectations and
Internal Quality and Food Safety Standards and Policies. The nature of this position requires flexibility
and the ability to embrace Change. The Quality Assurance Supervisor must be highly self-motivated and exemplify the ability to work effectively as a Team Player, with the ability to interact across
departmental and cross-functional boundaries, minimizing conflict and maximizing continuous
improvement and food safety attention to detail. Significant weight is given to this last qualification in assessing leadership capabilities. The Quality Assurance Supervisor shall be able to assume duties of the QA Manager and in the absence of this position. This position is for 2nd shift.
Work Experience Requirements:
· HACCP – Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point certification / formalized training
· Working knowledge of HACCP, Food Plant Sanitation, Pest Control and GMP
· Knowledge of GAP requirements for farming operations desirable
· Specific Audit experience with 3rd party audit expectations; SQF GFSI, Primus, Silliker, Yum! Brands
· Experience with Pest Management Companies
· Experience with monitoring Raw, Finished and Environmental Microbiological Analysis Programs
· Experience implementing and training employees to the Standard Operating Procedures
· Experience developing Raw and Finished product specifications
· Experience with monitoring Prerequisite Programs
· Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)
· Experience with performing root cause analysis on complaints and trending complaints
· Experience in Sanitation Procedures and Pre-op
· Experience working with Regulatory Affairs (USDA & FDA)
· Enforce required PPE and OSHA requirements
· Excellent oral and written communications skills
· Review of QA Technician paper-work for accuracy and completion
· Word, Excel and Access experience required
· Spanish preferred, but not required
· Manage 15 QA Technicians
· Mentor and train QA hourly employees – which includes but is not limited to GMP, CCP, Food Safety, Quality Specification, Employee Safety training.
· Review complaints/ issues for root cause analysis
· Problem solving with a risk based analysis approach to solve concerns occurring on the shift.
· Review QA grading documentation to ensure that products are meeting specifications
· Respond to QA Technicians and respond to any concerns on the floor during the shift
· Perform the microbiological release of results in accordance to the Test & Hold Program and data analysis trending of results.
· Collaborate with the Pest Control Management company as needed
· Monitor to the expectations of all GMP and Food Safety Programs during the shift for the facility.
· Provide and trend monthly reports.
Condition of Employment:
· The successful candidate will be required to provide documentation demonstrating the right to work in the United States upon hire.
· The successful candidate must submit to post offer, pre-employment drug testing.
· The successful candidate will be subject to employment history checks and reference checks
· The successful candidate must provide proof of education qualifications.
Mission and Vision Statement: Understand, support and promote the company mission and vision statements.
I have read and understand the above_______________________________ Date: __________________
Manager’s Initials: ___________
Vanessa Cranford, Director of Food Safety
Director Food Safety & Quality Assurance
Taylor Farms Florida
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org