The comprehensive food
safety information website
Quality Assurance Technician – Taylor Farms – Orlando, CA
Reports To: Quality Assurance Supervisor Supersedes: 11/1/2012
Work Experience Requirements:
· Basic knowledge of the process and quality procedures
· Understanding of microbiology and water chemistry
· Excellent oral and written communications skills
· English and/or Spanish Speaking preferred
Under the direct supervision of the Quality Assurance Supervisor, the Quality technician shall
perform specific duties as deemed necessary to provide a high quality and food safe product
that meets and exceeds our customers overall expectations.
Monitor and enforce all GMP / Food Safety compliance
· Utilize proper PPE and follow OSHA guidelines
· Comply and uphold all Standard Operating Procedures
Specific Job Responsibilities:
· Continual collaboration and partnership with the Production Supervisors and Leads to ensure that Food Safety and Quality expectation are being met.
· Pre-Op Inspection and Corrective Action Documentation
· Daily GMP monitoring and checklist
· Environmental swabs as specified in ATP sampling procedure
· Download ATP results
· Perform product specification analysis based on customer specifications and document accordingly
· Ensure that all products are produced to customer specification
· Daily Non-Conforming Product review and complete Non-Conforming Holds
· Calibration of laboratory equipment / sign off form
· Prepare and ship environmental samples to lab
· Collect and label finished product shelf-life and micro retains for analysis
· Monitor temperature of the facility and the wash water for compliance.
· Monitor and ensure compliance to walk patterns and zone separation within the facility.
· Monitor compliance to the allergen program and segregation during raw and processing.
· Product label verification checks during production run.
· Weight and leaker verification checks during production runs.
· Monitor product flush levels for MAP product packaging.
· Verify HACCP verification checks are being performed as specified:
o Free Chlorine verification and pH as specified in Wash Water CCP #1 SOP and document on wash water form.
o Metal Detector verification as specified in Metal Detector CCP#2 SOP and document on metal detector CCP #2 form
o Temperature verification as specified CCP #3
o PAA as specified in CCP #4
Condition of Employment:
The successful candidate will be requires to provide documentation demonstrating the right to work in the United States upon hire.
The successful candidate must submit to post offer, pre-employment drug testing.
The successful candidate will be subject to employment history checks
BS in Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Science, Food Safety, Biology
Mission and Vision Statement: Understand, support and promote the company mission and vision statements.
I have read and understand the above_______________________________ Date: _______________
Manager’s Initials: ___________
Vanessa Cranford, Director of Food Safety
Director Food Safety & Quality Assurance
Taylor Farms Florida
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org