Food Scientist - Defiance, OH
Research & Development
Evaluate new products, new ingredients, production techniques and new formulas. Record and assess results in reports to management. Provide technical service to customers.
Essential Responsibilities and Specific Duties:
· Oversee the process to complete projects in pilot plant, including projects using the steam kettle, spray dryer, glatt or other equipment. Report and evaluate results. Maintain equipment in working and clean order.
· Perform tests on new formulas to evaluate actual results compared to predicted results. Assist with formula and product end use evaluation.
· Perform tests on current production materials as required by customer requests or complaints.
· Test and suggest alternate ingredients in order to evaluate suitability for substitution in an existing production situation.
· Maintain integrity of R&D laboratory environment through accurate test design and set up, good sanitary practices and maintenance of equipment in good working order.
· Maintain accurate files of all R&D work completed.
· Assist in adapting R&D formulas to full production quantities. Provide technical assistance in the operational goals to meet production requirements. Develop tests to allow quality control to evaluate functionality of finished goods.
· Stay current with new technology and developments and maintain professional contacts with individuals and organizations.
· Participate in scheduled meetings.
Work Experience Requirements
Familiarity with principles of spray drying is essential to successfully perform job. Must be able to operate pilot plant equipment including, steam kettles, homogenizer, dryer, plate heat exchanger, and Glatt. The ability to design tests and accurately report them is needed. Working well with others, problem solving, good communication and ability to work independently are all skills for good job performance. Mechanical and computer skills are a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: Must be able to work on their feet for extended periods of time. Will be required to lift and carry large boxes. Work environment may be noisy, wet, and slippery and hot at times.
Masters Degree in Physical Chemistry and Food Science, Food Technology, Food Chemistry or closely related physical science area. Five years experience in a food laboratory in a dairy or spray drying facility.
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to business needs.
Mail, fax or email the
136 Fox Run Drive
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com