The comprehensive food
safety information website
Supv, Quality Assurance-16755 - Charlotte, NC
This position is responsible for supervising quality systems in the day-to-day plant setting. Scope includes all business units (Bakery, Peanut, Candy) located at the Charlotte, NC site.
Essential Job Duties
· Schedules Quality Technicians and other support for all business units as needed. Verifies performance of quality technicians (conformance to routine, understandings and effectiveness, corrective action communication).
· Assures Quality conformance to specifications and expectations for all products and processes. Follows up with supervision/management on all exceptions and corrective actions. Communicates quality programs and specifications to quality team.
· Disposition of held goods (raw, finished and in process) including communication and execution of sampling plans.
· Execute Safe Quality Foods (SQF) programs at the front line/shop floor level
· Works with sensory teams to assure that program is operating in accordance with expectations.
· Develops/trains quality team members and hourly personnel in quality awareness, food safety and other related areas.
· Monitors SQF program effectiveness and conformance.
· Performs plant sanitation and food safety audits according to program, including with visitors from our customer food manufacturing companies, the Food and Drug Administration or the North Carolina Dept. of Agriculture.
· Collects Quality scoring (QI) data and constructs regular reporting per program.
· Works with customers on quality initiatives for products, programs and processes as directed.
· Works with R & D team on new product and product improvement initiatives. Coordinates collection and shipment of samples and data as requested.
· Reviews raw material quality information for conformance to standards.
· Monitors pest control documentation and assist with program maintenance.
· May perform other duties as required.
Scope of Responsibility
Supervisor is responsible for overseeing day-to-day quality and food safety initiatives. This position oversees all quality technicians for all plant business units for all shifts. Authority includes communication and appropriate policy and programs, identification of quality opportunities, corrective action initiatives and follow-up.
This position reports directly to the Quality Manager for the Charlotte, NC facilities. Direct reports of the position include lab technicians for all business units.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
Ability to communicate effectively and work well with others individually and in team setting. Excellent verbal and written skills. Ability to work in Microsoft Office efficiently (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Good problem solving skills
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree, in food science or a related field, and 1 year experience minimum, 3 – 5 years experience preferred, depending on quality of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimal travel required. Must be willing to occasionally travel to other plants for continuous improvement or other initiatives.
- R & D/Quality
- United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
EEO Disclosure - Snyder’s-Lance is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org