The comprehensive food
safety information website
Food Safety Quality Assurance Technician - Saint Cloud, MN
Job ID 28242Company Sysco Western MinnesotaLocation Saint Cloud, MinnesotaCategory Quality AssuranceType Full TimeTravel Percentage 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Schedule/Hours: Monday - Friday - 4:30 pm - 12:30 am
· Enforcement of GMP’s as well as employee instruction and training
· Plant Pre-op Inspection.
· Performing Daily Operational Inspections
· Verification, Observation and Review of Monitors and all HACCP documentation
· Assist in maintaining product specifications in formulation and packaging
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Observe all policies and procedures for the department and plant.
· Enforcement of GMP’s would be visual inspection of all employees as well as visitors and guests to ensure they are adhering to our established GMPs.
o Training would include re-instructing employees with repeat deficiencies
o Ensuring all temporary help is in compliance and understands our GMPs
o Ensuring all visitors have read our policy and are in compliance
· Plant Pre-Op Inspection would include daily random visual and ATP swab testing of cleaned surfaces. Verify maintenance of good housekeeping of work and storage areas. Ensure proper sanitation procedures are followed. Note deficiencies and communicate with the Sanitation Supervisor all re-cleaning and re-inspections.
· Daily operational inspections would include monitoring of GMPs as well as temperature monitoring, insuring sanitizer strength, maintaining foot baths, reviewing pest control, insuring security program, enforcement of allergen controls, monitoring room temperatures, scale calibrations and setting metal detectors.
· Perform sensory evaluation of all products as they are produced. Take daily product samples and maintain control of all samples.
· Generate daily product paperwork and check completion of all forms relating to products or sanitation. Insure product quality through Pre-Shipment verification.
· Back up label making.
· Maintain a neat personal appearance according to department’s dress code policy.
· Observe all local, state and federal health codes and regulations as well as those that apply to weights and measures.
· Attend QA meetings to learn of new information or revisions to old procedures.
· Report to QA Manager concerns with GMP violations or ideas on QA or Food Safety improvements. Maintain good working relationship with USDA Inspectors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Previous food manufacturing or quality assurance experience preferred. (2+ years)
· Completion of Food Safety training course.
· Must be able to work with little supervision and provide direction to others.
· Must be able to plan order of work according to priorities.
· Must have good oral and written communications in dealing with co-workers and be able to follow and give instructions.
· Able to perform basic math computations.
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· Must have working knowledge of PC’s and printers.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS (who is responsible to whom and for whom):
QC Technician will report to Quality Assurance Manager. QA Manager is responsible for vacation requests, periodic reviews and assigning fill-ins during days off or absence.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT (i.e. work schedule, working conditions):
1. Scheduled hours: 40 hours per week. Monday – Friday. Hours to be determined; schedule may change during periods of heavy production or vacation by other team members, which may require some over-time.
2. Able to stand and move about constantly (more than 50% of time worked). Able to stoop and bend frequently.
3. Able to work in a cold environment, 45 – 50 degrees (more than 50% of time worked).
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Sysco is committed to providing comprehensive retirement and benefits programs, a stock purchase plan, product purchase discounts and much more!
Sysco W Minnesota is a Tobacco free facility
Sysco W Minnesotais proud to be an EEO/AA-M/F/disability/protected veteran status/Familial Status/Genetic Data.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org