Lab Technician - New Orleans, LA
Below you will find detailed information about this open position. To submit your resume, click on the 'Submit Resume' button.
New Orleans, LA
Performs and documents testing of materials and finished products.
· Performs microbiological analysis of raw materials and finished products.
· Responsible for hold/release/rejection of finished goods.
· Performs chemical Analysis of raw materials and manufactured products.
· Verifies compliance and alerts QA Manager of any deviations from specifications.
· Performs in plant weight checks, temperature checks, ingredient usage and distribution, finished product appearance, code date verification, pH testing and metal detection verification.
· Responsible for daily finished product evaluations.
· Performs sensory evaluation of raw material and finished products
· Performs environmental testing.
· Wears Company appropriate laboratory and safety gear as required.
· Performs related duties as assigned by QA Manager or Supervisor on duty.
· Contribute to continuous improvement.
BS Degree in Food or Dairy Science or related field or 5 years experience in related Quality Assurance environment.
Performs simple mathematical calculations.
Knows company policies, standards, and specifications.
Knows safety policies, procedures and requirements for equipment operation.
Communicate effectively and accurately, both verbally and in writing.
Take direction and follow instructions accurately.
Work well with peers and supervisors in team process.
Maintain excellent attendance
Proficient in Word and Excel and job related software applications.
Must be able routinely lift up to 25 lbs.
Must work comfortably in variable temperature environments.
Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
Must be able to stoop and reach on a regular basis.
Must be comfortable working in multi-task, deadline and customer driven work environment.
Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com