Global Drinks Quality and Food Safety Director-WES00599 - Pennsylvania
The purpose of this role is to be the champion and leader of quality and food safety for Mars Drinks.
The job holder has overall responsibility to lead the development and implemention of the quality strategy for Mars Drinks within the framework of the QMP and to establish a leading position within the vending industry for Drinks, Machines, technical service and customer service quality management and performance to provide competitive advantage. This role is accountable to drive the quality culture of Mars Drinks to a total quality approach, encompassing not just product quality performance, but quality in all business processes and operations in all markets along with the capability of our organisation to actively listen to the voice of the customer & consumer and translate them into superior products and services in a timely fashion (i.e. quality, cost & time). The Quality Director has accountability to ensure that the appropriate Quality Management Systems are developed and deployed in all markets order to meet customer/consumer needs at optimum cost, this will involve looking to the internal and external world for best practice and emerging issues. The quality strategy is a critical component of the supply, commercial and demand strategies for Mars Drinks.
The Quality Director will be a critical co-pilot to the GMs and R&D VP in all quality and food safety matters. S/he will ensure that a strong functional discipline is maintained and enhanced, and will provide functional expertise to support the GMs in quality management across their organisation for both current and future state- setting all quality standards for both the KLIX and Single Serve categories. The scope of the role will include all quality and food safety processes required to manage ingredient, packaging and machine quality, safety and legality-from sourcing, through R&D/product development and through the post launch product lifecycle- material risk assessment through inbound control, factory conversion and in market performance monitoring. The role will ensure the internal and external laboratory network and competence required for physical, chemical, microbiological, electrical and user safety testing and the associated capability to assure our products in development and post launch through their lifecycle are in place.
The job holder will represent Mars Drinks on the Mars Inc Global Quality Leadership team and working groups to co-develop and steer the Mars Inc. quality strategy and within Mars Drinks will be a leading member of the Innovation and technology leadership team and will define the quality objectives for Mars Drinks.
The role will be required to lead incident management for the segment and the operation and training of the PRIMP and CALM processes for all markets. The Quality Director will be the specific incident lead for critical incidents- this may include representation of Mars Drinks with external regulatory agencies, customers and high profile branded suppliers to the KLIX business (E.g Nestle/Unilever/Kraft).
1. Define and deploy the Mars Drinks quality strategy to drive continuous improvement in our products and services (including service recovery) from concept to obsolescence in line with the Mars QMP- to cover all supply chain, factory, business unit and market operations in all markets (EU/China/Japan/Korea/US/Canada). This should position Mars Drinks at a competitive advantage with respect to quality and service. Factories and supply chains also to achieve Kosher and Halal compliance as required.
2. Ensure the right capabilities for Q&FS are in place across Mars Drinks and drive a capable, active and engaged Quality and Food Safety Organization.
3. Define the local and global quality metrics, review and governance structure to provide the business with a clear view of our Quality performance and ensure corporate reporting mechanisms are in place for Q&FS.
4. Develop and embed the capability to actively listen to the voice of the customer and consumer- drive transparency in all customer contacts. Ensure analysis and action is undertaken to drive efficiency in business operations at all levels.
5. Define, deploy and champion the Q&FS and R&D IT systems required for Mars Drinks globally- ensure fit for current future needs in line with the 3-5 year business strategy and the changing external environment. Play an active role in the IT steering team for Mars Drinks.
6. Provide Quality governance of our operational & product development processes through regular review (audit) to ensure ongoing compliance to legal, Mars Global & Mars Drinks standards (Mars QMP).
7. Co-pilot for GMs on Quality and Food Safety, including the management of any product related incidents in the marketplace within the PRIMP and CALM framework- ensuring effective networks are maintained with internal and external expertise as required.
8. Deploy and maintain the program for the development of Q&FS competency globally and ensure the relevant roles are trained in specific quality tools (e.g. problem solving, statistical techniques, 6 Sigma). Drive ownership of quality to all Associates- bring The First Principle to life across Mars Drinks.
9. Represent Mars Drinks on the Mars Inc. Global Quality Leadership team to define, implement and continuously improve the Mars quality and food safety strategy.
10. Is accountable for the material risk assessment process as a feed in to the Supplier Quality Assurance (SQA) organization for Ingredients, Packaging and Machine parts supplied to the FSQ/WCR factories and all co-manufacturing operations (130+ suppliers Globally)- ensure operating in line with the MQM process and develop the solution for machines. Work with Commercial to deliver supplier quality performance targets as agreed in the OGSM.
11. Ensure factory quality resources are in place to support the FSQ/WCR and KLIX factories- ensure continuous improvement capability is built in as well as everyday operations to ensure efficiency, quality, legality and safety of all products.
12. Ensure internal and external laboratory capability is in place and validated for all product assurance activities- Ingredients, packaging, machine parts and finished products- this is to include ongoing product and raw material conformance. Develop and deploy the ongoing product assurance strategy to support the move to roasting coffee and buying green coffee beans.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· Quality Systems knowledge (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO22000, BRC, Machine approval standards)
· Significant experience in the development and deployment of global quality strategy.
· High level of food safety knowledge
· Broad understanding of the vending industry and technology (machines, drinks & service)
· Knowledge of Customer service and engagement measurement
· Expertise in advanced Quality management techniques and fundamentals
· Manufacturing Process Control knowledge
· Product Development Process knowledge
· Ability to influence and negotiate at all levels.
· Ability to build collaborative relationships.
· Good understanding of financial processes & measures.
· BS Degree within a Food Science/Engineering discipline. Masters Degree preferred
· Significant experience in quality management in FMCG environment
· Significant experience in line management and team development (Co-located and remote)
· Food safety qualified- min level 2. HACCP qualified. Lead auditor qualified.
· Knowledge of statistics
· Ability to think & act strategically
· Analytical numeric/ability – critical thinking skills
· Influencing skills
· Business thinking
· Excellent decision quality
30% Global travel
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com