Specialist 2 or 3 Job - Greensboro,
Apply now »
Location: Slater, IA or
Greensboro, NC, NC, US
Division: Biological Assessment
City: Slater, IA or Greensboro, NC
State/Province: North Carolina [NC]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: R&D Specialist 2 or 3
Job ID: 4606
Syngenta is one of the world’s leading companies with 27,000 employees in
over 90 countries dedicated to one purpose: bringing plant potential to life.
We contribute to addressing some of the planet’s most critical issues such as
the rising demand for food from a growing population.
Working for Syngenta offers you the opportunity to play a part in addressing
one of the most urgent challenges facing global agriculture today where we
need to feed 200,000 more people every day.*
Come be part of our good growth plan: one planet, six commitments:
Make crops more efficient, rescue more farmland and help biodiversity
flourish; empower smallholders, help people stay safe and look after each
worker. * Our work matters.
There has never been a better time to join Syngenta!
Responsible for transforming field scientist data into knowledge with an
emphasis on data collection in the field. Supports the field scientists via
development of applications, processes and training.
- Review and test current software for compatibility with electronic data
- Review and test new software for compatibility with electronic data
- Develop prototype apps for windows, IOS and android devices.
- Work with RDIS on data transfer to backend systems
- Support current software
- Train current software
- Ability to work with teams and within a matrix organization involving those
at various levels of the global organization.
- Ability to maintain Syngenta standards and technical integrity while under
pressure to meet challenging targets and tight timelines.
- Support the implementation of the field data operations and ensure high
data quality and consistency.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Critical knowledge: :
- B.S. Degree in computer science, MIS, computer engineering or related
- Strong understanding of android and/or IOS applications development.
- A understanding of database development
- The ability to develop and verify concepts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence, interact, and relate
effectively with diverse personnel and cross-functional departments.
Critical experience :
Must have knowledge of one or more of the following programming languages-
- Visual Basic
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities :
- Customer-Focus required to support field researchers, business units and
- High communication and organizational skills – job requires prioritization
of requests from multiple customers.
- Challenge the status quo and push boundaries.
- Train field scientists on tools and best practices.
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges:
- Syngenta is going through a period of tremendous change and challenge where
the ability to be responsive to a changing market is paramount. A fast,
responsive and intelligent approach to delivering flexible production
capacity will be an essential component in staying ahead of competitors.
Timely delivery of those assets is of paramount importance.
- The critical success factors are for the programmer to work closely with
RDIS, One Biology and MINT to have a thorough knowledge of current and future
data collection needs.
- Forward looking
- Deliver innovative solutions
- Focus on external partnerships
- Grow through challenge
- Deliver commitments – delivering quality at speed
- Manage change swiftly and effectively
- Seek/share best practice; develop synergies; communicate results
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- Trave requirement -15%
- Seasonal travel to off-station testing locations, project meetings, and
winter nursery locations
Note: Division- Biological Assessment
Function- Biological Analytics
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Nearest Major Market: Greensboro
Job Segment: Medical, Engineer, Programmer, Agricultural, Computer
Science, Healthcare, Engineering, Technology, Agriculture