The comprehensive food
safety information website
Food Safety & Quality Specialist - Cherry Hill, NJ
We are the maker, marketer and distributor of branded food products that have been American favorites for decades. Our employees located in more than 20 offices and plants across North America rally around our mission, Reinvigorating Iconic Brands. We work to transform our brands to be more profitable for our customers and more enjoyable for our consumers.
At Pinnacle Foods, every employee has the opportunity to make an impact—from marketing and research & development, to manufacturing, finance and sales—each function plays a critical role in our success. By living our values of trust, candor and ownership we create great relationships that help us deliver results and drive meaningful change for our brands and business.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
This position reports to the Cherry Hill Laboratory Manager. This position utilizes education and personal expertise to competently perform microbiological testing with an output of reliable, accurate, and timely results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Carry out basic and advanced microbiological testing per Pinnacle Foods’ standardized test methodologies including, but not limited to, sample preparation, media preparation, plating, autoclaving, and routine laboratory tasks.
· Generate professional, accurate, and timely results
· Assist the Laboratory Manager with development, implementation, and continuous improvement of microbiological policies, procedures, and good laboratory practices
· Stay current with pertinent scientific literature and emerging technologies, and make recommendations for the establishment of new methodologies to improve testing effectiveness and efficiency
· Assist the Laboratory Manager with resolution of technical issues
· Assist the Laboratory Manager with laboratory capital project planning and execution
· Assist the Laboratory Manager with inventory controls, ordering of supplies, and conformance to established budgetary guidelines
· Maintain a safe work environment
· Plan and carry out special projects as requested by the Laboratory Manager and/or Director of Food Safety
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
· 1 -2 years’ experience in a microbiological laboratory setting or equivalent background in microbiological sciences
· Analytical and microbiological principles and test procedures
· Computer literate (knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
· Good organizational skills
· Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP’s)
· Ability to work with little supervision
· Ability to communicate effectively (both verbal and written)
· Aseptic Technique
· Able to handle multiple tasks in a timely manner; ability to be flexible with shifting priorities (possibility of some Saturday shifts)
· Team Oriented
· Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to lift at least 50 pounds
Pinnacle Foods is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer –
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org