R&D Food Scientist - Louisville, KY
Provide technical expertise to customers and the Paradise R&D Department that support the sales and marketing efforts of the company. Identify and pursue opportunities to improve existing products through formulation and/or procedures/processes.
· Develop prototypes and recipes within a defined set of requirements based on a concept or project.
· Formulates blends and flavors to match ingredient statements, nutritional profile, and sensory attributes of existing target products.
· Develop sensory experiments and report the findings to management.
· Identifies areas of cost optimization through better raw material procurement, ingredient substitutions, or processing efficiencies.
· Searches for new ingredients and technologies for effective development.
· Looks for new project opportunities with regard to innovation, cost reduction, improving consumer acceptance and improving quality.
· Work with existing suppliers to utilize their capabilities for developing trends in flavors. Will utilize the suppliers’ staff for joint presentations to targeted customer projects.
· Identify production methods that continue to contribute sustainable competitive advantages in the marketplace relative to the competition.
· Assist the R&D department with product presentations in-house and off-site as requested by sales and marketing.
· Accurately identify project requirements applying the right production capability, ingredients, and design to match customer needs and product specifications.
· Analyze and modify recipes involving liquid-to-solid ratios, scale-up, yields, ingredient hydration, time/temperature concerns, viscosity, and ingredient degradation issues.
· 5-10 years experience in product development of liquid condiments, marinades, and tomato based sauces.
· Must have excellent collaboration skills and be able to excel working in a team environment.
· Sensory evaluation experience and skills
· Exposure to a wide variety of equipment, kitchen set-up, cooking techniques and operator execution; or in-depth knowledge of key applicable equipment or processes.
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, and ingredient spec sheets
· Ability to recognize, analyze, develop solutions and initiate problem solving actions
· Ability to do complex math using percentages, ratios, etc.
· Ability to communicate and interact effectively with various sales, marketing, and technical services personnel.
· Computer and software skills
Education and/or Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science.
· Ability to stand at bench routinely for hours at a time.
· Lift up to 50 lbs.
· Capable of hand mixing thick products as required.
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org