Director - Technical Services - Waymouth Farms, Inc. - New Hope, MN
WAYMOUTH FARMS, INC.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: Manage and Improve Company Quality Assurance & Sanitation Systems and Staff. Serve as technical expert and resource for organization. Ensure products meet regulatory and customer requirements in regards to product quality and food safety.
DESCRIPTION OF PRIMARY DUTIES
· Management / Supervisory
o Propose and adhere to department operating and capital budgets
o Hire, train, and manage competent staff in a fair, non-discriminatory manner, free of any type of harassment
o Develop job descriptions and assign projects as necessary
o Establish priorities for staff
o Evaluate employee performance and hold employees accountable for actions.
· Quality Assurance / Quality Control
o Manage and improve quality and food safety systems
o Manage BRC, FDA, 3rd Party, Organic and customer audits
o Keep current with FDA regulations/recalls/withdrawals.
o Manage customer private label requirements
o Manage and improve new supplier approval and evaluation programs
o Manage product / process improvements to improve product quality
o Manage nonconformance policy and make recommendations to disposition of products.
o Generate weekly and monthly performance reports
o Manage product / process improvements to improve production efficiencies.
· Manage corrective action policy
· Manage Sustainability Initiative
· Adapts to frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
· Manages difficult external/internal customer situations and responds promptly to customer needs
· Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner by gathering and analyzing information.
· Works in a fast paced, high stress environment
*** Primary Customers
· Sales force
· VP of Operations
· Purchasing Manager
***Other Key Relations
· Shift Managers
· Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related field
· 6 -10 years experience in quality role with food processing company
· 3-5 years experience in supervising
· HACCP Certified
· Proficient computer skills
· Proficient communication skills
· Must be able to manage stress
· Master’s degree in Food Science or related field
· Snack Food Experience
· Typical office conditions, inside, climate controlled, shared office space.
PLEASE NOTE THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT DESIGNED TO COVER OR CONTAIN A COMPREHENSIVE LISTING OF ACTIVITIES, DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES THAT ARE REQUIRED OF THE EMPLOYEE FOR THIS JOB. ADDITIONAL DUTIES NOT LISTED MAY BE REQUIRED. DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES MAY CHANGE AT ANY TIME WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE. EMPLOYEES ARE REQUIRED TO KNOW, UNDERSTAND, AND FOLLOW ALL GMP POLICIES RELATING TO THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE, AND DOES NOT CHANGE THE EMPLOYEE’S STATUS AS AN “AT-WILL” EMPLOYEE. QUALIFIED EMPLOYEES WHO REQUIRE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION SHOULD NOTIFY THE HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER.
Employee signature below constitutes employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com