The comprehensive food
safety information website
The primary responsibility of the GMP-HACCP Auditor is to conduct food safety related audits at food manufacturing facilities and other related sites within the food supply chain. The candidate will have relevant industry and auditing experience to qualify them for further development in GFSI auditing platforms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Conduct GMP and HACCP-based supplier audits in a variety of food processing and related environments.
· Maintain confidentiality and impartiality in all aspects of work and adhere to all procedures established by DFA of California and its auditing clients.
· Ensure timeliness, consistency, and accuracy in all audits and audit reports.
· Maintain applicable professional development and training qualifications required for audit proficiency.
· Work within existing ISO 17065 certified audit platform, adhering to all official procedures.
· Exhibit professional behavior appropriate to a food safety auditor, behaving with integrity, honesty, impartiality, and reporting any potential conflicts of interest.
· Perform job duties in a timely, thorough, objective and accurate manner.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor degree in Science, Biology, Chemistry, Food Science or related field.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in a quality assurance role within a food manufacturing facility.
· Broad knowledge/experience of various food-beverage processing operations preferred.
· Completed a recognized (two day minimum) HACCP training course with exam.
· Registered ASQ HACCP Auditor.
· Knowledge of the dried fruit and nut, dairy, beverage, and bakery industries is highly desirable.
· Strong knowledge in GMP s, food safety practices and management systems, HACCP, QMS, and relevant government regulations is required. Knowledge in GFSI benchmarked schemes would be preferred but not a requirement.
· Direct experience performing third party audits GMP, HACCP preferred. Must have an audit history log demonstrating industry experience and audit hours.
· Auditors are field-based. A minimum of 80% travel, including overnight stays is required. Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills and attention to detail. Bilingual (English/ Spanish) preferred.
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· Ability to adapt and be flexible within a changing work environment.
· Strong proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com