for conducting food
audits of Suppliers/Contract Manufacturers facility.
to management and employees at client's facility regarding the adequacy of food safety program, pest control, operational methods, personnel
practices, maintenance for food
safety and cleaning practices.
- Communicates verbally to management on the level of food safety existing at the facility of the external
food safety auditor must be free to and capable of extensive travel.
- May assist with the oversight and administers testing that
ensures product meets established standards of appearance or performance.
food safety auditor will assist with the
responsibility for insuring that
standards of excellence are maintained during
the production of goods
or the execution of services. Quality
inspections at all stages of production on raw materials, manufactured components and finished products.
- Quality audits address a product's physical appearance, functionality and
composition. In the
case of food inspections, audits can include taste, smell or touch. Duties also include
procedures that make up the production process as well
as inspecting and
calibrating auditing tools, such
as scales, calipers and other testing equipment.
- Prepare and conduct
audits (field, packinghouse, cold storage, cooling facilities, etc.). Develop and update client-specific food safety manuals.
Make presentations to and provide explanations of food
safety documents to client personnel as necessary. Coordinate project efforts with headquarters and technical staff.
Plan and execute
food safety presentations. Provide suppliers with limited assistance in developing mitigation strategies.
- Participate in continuous
improvement team reviews of the audit program. May be required to cross-train
in food processing facility audit procedures.
Function as a member
of cross-departmental teams and projects
- Assist with specified projects
in outlining external
supply chain quality and food safety standards
food safety auditor must conduct himself/herself in a professional manner, including appearance and demeanor,
at all times.
food safety auditor must maintain fiscal
responsibility that will enable the auditor to travel, work and be away from home in the course of GQS inspection auditing.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental
and company goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- B.S. degree from an accredited college or university,
preferably in science
or related topic to food safety.
years of food plant experience in a
related to food safety.
- Must possess
excellent verbal communication skills, good writing abilities, including correct grammar, sentence
and spelling. Be able to organize travel itineraries, make
travel arrangements and travel to inspection sites; be able to work independently of direct office supervision and file all reports, requests
for information and expense
vouchers in a timely manner;
and be able to use a computer.
- Must be physically able to safely ascend to heights, be able to bend, crawl and move safely and freely around machinery and building without
eyesight or corrected eyesight to safely work around and inspect equipment, identify insect pests and to prepare inspection notes and reports without
- Ability to perform basic math such as addition, subtraction multiplication,
- Be able to use Microsoft
Word, Excel programs.
- Learn proper accessing of Internet
site from remote locations.
- Experience or accreditation in GFSI Quality
such as SQF, BRC, or ISO preferable.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
- Constantly involves standing,
and using hands
- Frequently involves reaching with hands and
- Frequently requires sitting, climbing, stooping, and kneeling.
- Must be able to lift and carry items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Must have sufficient manual dexterity to
reach and handle
working above ground level where the possibility of falling exists (i.e. on ladders).
- Involves moderate physical activity performing
somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily product/technical nature.
TYPICAL ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- May be exposed to moderate noise levels.
- Occasionally exposed to cleaning agents.
working near moving mechanical parts.
- May work in high, precarious places.
online at http://www.Glanbiausa.com or http://www.Glanbianutritionals.com
Glanbia is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer –