Global Food Safety Support Specialist (148525) - CA, Glendale
Req ID 148525 - Posted 07/01/2015 - Regional Office - Southern Pacific - CA, Glendale - Southern Pacific Corporate (50007) - Team/Department (1) - Full-Time - Regional Office - Team Member - United States
Whole Foods Market attracts people who are passionate about great food, the communities they live and work in, how we treat our planet and our fellow humans – and who want to bring their passion into the workplace and make a difference.
Global Food Safety Support (GFSS) Regional Food Safety Specialist will support and sustain store, regional, national and global programs and specifications in Food Safety and Good Organics principles. They will partner with store leadership, regional support and Global Food Safety in providing support to store teams to maintain and improve compliance and excellence in all facets of the above.
The individual in this role will be responsible for supporting approximately 58 stores in the SP region. Preference will be given to candidates living in these locations.
This is a home-based position; candidates should be located near a major international airport.
· Review and monitor all forms of store audits and reports from 3rd Party Food Safety Audit Provider, Pest Control Service Providers, Chemical Providers and city, county and state Health Inspections.
· Collaborate with store leadership in establishing and revising on ongoing pro-active Corrective action Plans to support stores in meeting and/or exceeding all deliverables in a timely and effective manner.
· Collaborate on the development, implementation and execution of successful training methods and matrices to provide effective regional/store training on all the above.
· Assess consistency and continuity in Food Safety programs including 3rd Party Food Safety Audit Provider, Training, Pest Control Service Providers, Chemical Providers and Regulatory Agency Inspections and report on trending and improvement opportunities.
· Assist regions with store openings, plan review and permitting process with regulatory authorities.
· Assist regions/stores with the evaluation and implementation of technology that promotes Food Safety.
· Provide support with food safety regulatory issues.
· Calibration of 3rd Party Food Safety Auditors to WFM Food Safety standards.
· Develop science-based WFM Food Safety guidelines as needed by the GFSS team, region or stores.
· Provide Pest Control support for regions/stores.
· Assist with recalls and/or foodborne illness outbreak investigations as needed.
· Oversee and/or act as a liaison with regulatory agencies.
· Provide food safety analysis reports, newsletters and presentation materials to regional/store leadership and team members.
· Provide support and guidance for federal, state and local regulations with regard to food safety, organics and country-of-origin labeling requirements and control methods.
· Must be able to work with all levels of operational leadership in a collaborative and influential manner toward continuous improvement of food safety standards and operational excellence.
Qualifications: Desired Skills and Talent:
· Certification and Credentials in the following: HACCP (Hazard-Analysis-Critical-Control-Point) and NEHA - Certified Professional Food Safety (CPFS) or Registered Sanitarian (RS) or Registered Environmental Health Specialist (REHS).
· Develop a collaborative working relationship as part of the GFFS team with regional and store leadership teams, In-Store Educators, Regional Training team and 3rd party auditors to ensure a cohesive approach to compliance and maintenance in all facets of Food Safety, Pest Control and Good Organics.
· Assisting and Participating in Corrective Action Plans to address the challenges in the above mentioned areas.
· Approximately 75% travel (depending on the region or sub-region of primary responsibility) in compliance with WFM travel policies. Will visit 7 stores per period to review and monitor compliance levels in the above mentioned areas.
· Maintain on-going Continuing Education Units as required for credentials.
· Must be able to travel internationally to support the Canadian stores.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Biology, or other strong life science preferred.
· 4 + years’ experience of food safety compliance as related to food retailing or food processing.
· Excellent working knowledge of FDA Food Code, USDA Requirements, State/Local Regulations, GRP’s, SSOPs, HACCP requirements, Organic Standards, CFIA Regulations, etc.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong computer skills using web applications such as Central Desktop and Microsoft products to include Power Point, Word and Excel.
· Strong training and presentation skills using PowerPoint.
· Work independently in planning and implementation of multiple projects and assignments.
· Proven ability to meet deadlines.
· Ability to manage own travel schedules and expense reports in compliance with WFM travel policies.
· Candidate should have proven track record in Food Safety audits, Organic Integrity, benchmarking, corrective action plan management and continuous improvement in all areas mentioned.
· Knowledge of WFM policies, procedures, products, stores, vendors, and culture preferred.
At Whole Foods Market, we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. We mentor Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing Team Member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
Our Team Members represent over 50 different nations. We are people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, yet all work together to meet the needs of our customers.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401k plan, and a 20% discount at our stores. To learn more, apply your passion today.
At Whole Foods Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled.
Close Date: 07/19/2015
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org