The comprehensive food
safety information website
Recart QA Technician - Tualatin, OR
Shift 4: Back Half Grave – Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & every other Saturday 6pm – 6:30am
Conduct all quality-monitoring functions on a shift basis, including raw, finished product and package integrity tests. Assure the product conforms to the finished product specification and provide detailed written information relating to the quality of the product, package and process. Work effectively with Production to satisfy specification requirements. You are responsible for ensuring all food safety and quality protocols are followed.
· Collect and document incubation samples and place them on the appropriated shelves.
· Monitor the temperature of the incubation room and incubators.
· Operate pH meter. This includes calibration and maintenance.
· Conduct in-process and finished product testing according to the requirement
· Assure that product conforms to post-process pH standards.
· Responsible for creating and updating daily incubation reports.
· Perform package integrity checks to confirm the tight pack condition of Tetra Pak Recart containers. This includes visual and destructive tests of the package according to PFO and Tetra Pak Procedure.
· Provide detailed oral and written information relating to quality of the product, package and process.
· Monitor package and case code. Ensure that correct fiber, case code and package code are used.
· Approve the package and case code before the production runs. Ensure that cases are stacked sequentially and the case codes are legible.
· Pre-op Tetra Pak filling machines and mix & blend equipment to ensure proper cleaning and quality practices.
· Ensure that proper safety and quality protocols are being followed.
· Ensure that any deviations in scheduled process, package integrity or product quality are properly placed on hold.
· Assure that the product conforms to the finished product specification.This will be accomplished by analytical testing and process plant observation.
· Check and document the viscosity of the pre-process and post-process Recart products.
· Check and document the drain weight of the pre and post-process recart products.
· Check and document gross and fill weight of the recart products.
· Activate Innatrack finished good job batch sheet at the beginning of the shift.
· Activate Innatrack formula job batch sheet at the beginning of the shift.
· Collect and submit production and QA records to direct supervisor or HACCP coordinator for daily review.
· Maintain a clean and organized work area. This includes office, wastewater, and micro lab in B8 or B13.
· Maintain and create organized QA records on the floor and on the computer.
· Assist with aseptic QA if time permits.
· Setting up sensory runs with production samples on a daily basis.
· Open and inspect rejected packs from the X-ray machine.
· Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Strong technical knowledge in area of responsibility
· Strong computer skills, including skills in the application of Microsoft Word and Excel
· Strong math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division)
· Strong decision-making skills, training skills, problem analysis skills, teamwork, creativity, the need to read, write, speak and understand the English language and the need to perform advanced math (analysis, statistics, significant data or number manipulation)
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
· Continuous physical activities including continuous walking, talking, reaching, feeling, the use of repetitive motions of hands/wrists, hearing and standing, and the position requires frequent stooping, sitting, grasping and handling.
The position requires a Bachelors degree or equivalent specializing in Food Science, Quality Assurance or related field. Requires one year of relevant experience, preferably in a food manufacturing setting.
QA work is performed in a lab, warehouse or production environment and involves the extensive use of office and lab equipment. The position is subject to shift work, extensive close work heavy lifting and constant standing. While performing the duties of the job incumbent could be working around moving mechanical parts. The position is subject to extensive close work, the use of and exposure to hazardous materials, high voltage, hot pipes and constant standing. The noise level is typically moderate to loud. Some overtime may be required.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com