Supervisor, Food and Nutrition (Job Number:238295) - Oregon-Clackamas
At Kaiser Permanente
Northwest, the work you do every day supports the health of our members. That�s
because each of us�from
our financial, business, and IT experts, to our RNs, allied health
professionals, and physicians�shares a commitment to providing
the best possible care experience. Widely regarded as a mecca for outdoor
enthusiasts, the Pacific Northwest blends urban bustle with open space in a
way that is sure to enhance your own state of well-being. Looking to build a
rewarding career in an environment that supports your success? Join us and
put your beliefs into practice.
Oversees day-to-day operations
and employee performance of the Food Service Department to include patient
food services, cafeteria services and catering services. Exercises
discretionary judgment in solving problems, working with and evaluating
employees. Uses working knowledge of applicable regulations, laws,
techniques, procedures and general principles and practices of the Food
• Supervision: Ensure there is appropriate daily staffing to deliver high
quality services in all areas by addressing staff attendance, schedule
development and tracking as well as performance management. Clearly and
comfortably delegates both routine and important tasks and decisions. Clearly
assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions. Under the direction of the
FNS department manager(s), will assist with: Recruit, interview, select,
orient and train new staff in appropriate work methods, policy and procedure
and ensure they have the necessary tools to effectively perform their job.
Counsel and discipline employees in accordance with state and federal law,
EEO guidelines and organization's policies. Monitor employee performance,
progress and productivity. Payroll and budgetary processes. Quality planning
and monitoring. Food and employee safety. Direct and provided leadership for
work group issues that are identified and implement appropriate resolution.
Coordinates multiple tasks and priorities for all functions and areas of
responsibility. Exhibits supervisory direction, providing current, direct,
complete and actionable positive and corrective feedback. Quality: Ensures
that patient meals are correctly prepared, portioned and delivered to the patient
as per department procedure. Directs patient trayline
and cafeteria services.
• In the absence of the Retail Manager, ensures catering services are
delivered and picked up as per department standard. Understands concepts of
product quality and service that will attain customer satisfaction and sales.
Assists team member when patient and/or cafeteria volume temporarily
increases so that customer service and quality standards are met. May spend
up to 2 hours/day directly assisting staff in their work on days of
unanticipated volume. Performs routine inspections of products, equipment,
and sanitation standards. Ensures that scheduled quality checks are
performed. Maintains and uses data to solve quality problems. Performs walk
through of areas throughout the day to ensure quality standards are met and
• Finance: Ensures there is effective use of time, people, supplies, safe and
attentive work practices. Identifies opportunities to increase sales and
decrease food and supply expenses. Ensures staff are
adhering to proper portion size, specified product and process to reduce
waste. Participates in the evaluation department budget performance and makes
recommendations for improvement. Reports all onthe-
job injuries following organizations procedure for appropriate follow
• People: Establishes and maintains open communication to enhance team
effort. Flexible in response to unexpected changes in work volume,
emergencies, staffing and scheduling. Uses interpersonal skills which convey
a positive and supportive culture.
• Customer Satisfaction/Professional Development. Takes initiative to
identify and solve problems through pro-active behavior. Promotes
professional development and contributes to the professional growth of
• Three (3) years of experience with a successful track record in supervising
retail and/or dietary food service operations.
• Minimum three (3) years of a successful track record in supervising
retail and/or dietary food service operations.
• High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
• Current Oregon county health department food handlers card.
• Demonstrated skills in Human Resource management.
• Ability to direct
work flow while maintaining open communication with work team.
• Able to maintain a mature problem solving attitude while dealing with
interpersonal conflict, hazardous conditions, hostility or multiple time demands.
• Ability to effectively coach and train staff.
• Knowledge and ability to effectively use computers, email, WORD, and EXCEL
and develop and maintain spreadsheets.
• Knowledge of local and national food service sanitation standards.
• Must possess strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge and concepts of food sciences including recipe
development, food safety and product quality standards.
• Minimum five (5)
years of supervisory experience in a high volume healthcare or restaurant
• Minimum two (2) years of experience in hotel or hospital catering
• Minimum three (3) years of working in a Labor Relations setting.
• Previous experience at Kaiser Permanente Certified Dietetic Manage,
Dietetic Technician, Registered or completion or Bachelor's degree in related
field such as nutrition, hotel/restaurant management or food service.
• Clear understanding of patient diets and cafeteria food service standards
to build sales.
• Ability to effectively lead food service employees.
Sunnyside Medical Center 10180 SE Sunnyside Scheduled Hours (1-40): 32 Shift: Evening Working Days: Variable Working Hours Start: 12:30 PM Working Hours End: 9:00 PM
: Regular Employee Group: Salaried Employees
: Team Leader/Supervisor
: Nutrition / Food Services Public Department Name: Food & Nutrition Services
: Yes, 15 % of the Time Job Eligible for
External hires must pass a
background check/drug screen. We are proud to be an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer.