Chemist 1, Food Colors U.S. - (000912) – St. Louis, MO
Carries out programs and projects involving natural and synthetic colors in order to develop the in-house knowledge of the technology and application of these colorants.
Uses knowledge developed in this area to promote and build new color sales and reinforce existing ones by providing technical service to clients and prospects. This is a strong resource to the Technical Support Manager with regard to short and long-range plans, strategies and tactics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Evaluates and matches competitive natural and synthetic colors currently approved by the FDA.
· Works in improving the properties of FDA-permitted colors, i.e. light stability, thermal stability, etc., by physical modification of the colorants.
· Formulates mixtures of colors with natural colors and/or certified colorants.
· Provides technical assistance to clients and prospects.
· Evaluates and characterizes new natural colors that are not currently approved by the FDA, and makes recommendations regarding their potential use as food colorants.
· Works with Sensient Food Colors -N.A. R&D in developing manufacturing procedures for colors that we would like to make.
· Prepares lakes or other types of pigment of the natural colors and evaluates their properties and potential uses.
· Interprets and keep up-to-date with FDA regulations regarding food colorants, both the exempt from certification (natural colors) and certified (FD&C) colors.
· Assists Quality Control in development of quality control procedures.
· Supports sales staff and travels with them to call on clients and prospects.
· Develops assay procedures for natural and synthetic colors.
· Provides assistance and training to Marketing and Sales departments.
· Establishes and maintains a bibliography of scientific literature, articles and patents on approved and potential natural and synthetic colors.
· Assists Technical Support Manager in developing technical brochures and specification data sheets for natural and synthetic colors.
· Presents seminars on natural and synthetic colors and dispersions of these to companies and trade associations.
· Represents the company by participating and attending various trade organizations, i.e. Institute of Food Technologists, American Association of Cereal Chemists, etc.
· Responsible to constantly seek improved ways and methods to better serve customers, external and internal.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· Degree in chemistry, biochemistry or food science is required.
· Two to four years of technical service experience is required. Knowledge of the food and food related industries, and prior work experience with food colorants would be helpful
· Requires technical expertise in the chemistry of food colorants. Requires ability to react to client requirements, analyze opportunities and problems, and initiate/provide creative solutions. Requires ability to organize and set priorities and to effectively communicate with internal and external clients.
About Sensient Colors Group
Sensient Color Group is a leading developer, producer and supplier of natural and synthetic color systems for customers around the globe. The Company's high-performance products play a central role in the manufacture of foods and beverages, cosmetic and pharmaceutical colors and coatings, inks for commercial and consumer printers, and colors for agricultural uses, household cleaners and paper products. The Color Group is located in St. Louis, Missouri.
About Sensient Technologies Corporation
Sensient Technologies Corporation is a leading global manufacturer and marketer of colors, flavors, and fragrances. Sensient employs advanced technologies at facilities around the world to develop specialty food and beverage systems, cosmetic and pharmaceutical systems, inkjet and specialty inks and colors, and other specialty and fine chemicals. The Company's customers include major international manufacturers representing most of the world's best-known brands. Sensient is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
As a dynamic and diversified global leader, we offer an excellent salary and comprehensive benefits package. For more information, visit our website at http://www.sensient.com/.
Equal Opportunity Employer
: North America-United States-Missouri-St. Louis
St Louis Office
2515 N. Jefferson
St. Louis 63106-1903
: Research and Development
: Food Colors US
: Day/Shift 1
: Jul 9, 2015, 9:01:24 AM
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org