The comprehensive food
safety information website
Food Safety Contract Auditor
304, Food Safety Audits – Salinas, California
SCS Global Services is seeking multiple Contract Auditors to perform inspections for their expanding Food Safety Program. Applicants must have experience in food safety auditing, agriculture production, and/or fresh produce facilities (handling, packing, cold storage, processing). Ideally, auditors will have previous experience with GFSI level food safety schemes, but other food safety auditing experience will be considered. The primary work will be certifying to the GLOBALG.A.P. and/orPrimusGFS standards. Applicants must be both currently residing in and able to legally work within the U.S.
The work is focused in the fresh fruit and vegetable producing agricultural areas such as California, Oregon, Washington, Colorado, Arizona; and potentially Southern states such as Texas, Florida, North/South Carolinas; and the Midwest. Primary travel expenses (mileage, hotel, and meals) are covered in addition to the paid daily rate. Audits are concentrated from May to September but continue throughout the year. Contract assignments may last from a few days to over a week per audit assignment.
Contract Auditors are responsible for working directly with clients to confirm audit plans, conduct inspections, and complete audit reports using provided checklists. Audits and reporting are conducted in strict accordance with SCS internal guidelines as well as GLOBALG.A.P./PrimusGFS procedures and requirements.
Auditors are provided work on the basis of their skill, experience, and availability. SCS has a strong customer service focus, and auditors must be able to both represent the company and apply food safety standards objectively for our diverse client base. Auditors work independently to fulfill all the requirements of the audit, close out any identified non-conformities to the standard, and submit complete reports in a timely manner.
Please apply directly on our Careers page: https://scsteam.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=71
Specific qualifications for each standard vary and auditors may be assigned to one or both types of audits depending on their experience. Below is a summary of the required experience for each standard.
· Post high school diploma or equivalent (minimum course duration of 2 years) in agriculture, food science, environmental sciences, or a related discipline.
· 4 years industry experience in a practical capacity on a farm or in a technical production management role related to food crops
· Accredited 8 hour HACCP training, and additional 8 hour Food Hygiene training
· Documented evidence of training or experience with water quality, farm equipment, IPM, pesticide handling, and fertilizer use
· 2 years’ experience in areas such as quality assurance or food safety functions in food production or manufacturing, retailing, inspection or enforcement
· Accredited One week or 40 hours Lead Auditor training (Quality management Systems or Food Safety Management Systems) such as ISO 9001
· Accredited 16 hour HACCP training
· PrimusGFS Standard (3 day) and Auditor (1 day) Training
Both programs require:
· Strong professional communication and presentation skills
· Ability to walk without assistance outdoors over rugged terrain in high heat
· Visual ability to work around and inspect moving farm equipment in low light
· Travel long distances by plane and car
· Excellent written English and ability to review and create spreadsheets
· Preference will be given to bilingual (English/Spanish) applicants
About SCS Global Services
SCS Global Services is a global leader in third-party environmental, sustainability and food quality certification, auditing, testing and standards development. SCS is growing and is looking for a positive, energetic and well organized candidate who is excited to join our team and will help us promote environmental sustainability.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org