Safety and Quality Assurance Manager
At Bridgetown we value safety, trust and teamwork.
The Food Safety & Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for leading
the facility in the quality assurance, quality control and food safety
areas throughout the supply chain including shaping Bridgetown’s quality
and food safety culture.
This position is responsible for ensuring compliance
with regulatory, customer and 3rd party audit requirements; overseeing the
quality control laboratory and quality control team; implementing and
improving quality management programs and procedures; watching over the
day-to-day facility operations to ensure adherence to all quality and
regulatory standards; assuring compliance of materials, products and
services with agreed to specifications; developing, driving and
continuously improving food safety and quality systems; and developing,
implementing, driving and delivering superior execution of business and
customer expectations. The position reports to the Director of Food Safety
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure compliance with regulatory, corporate, customer and 3rd party
· Ensure that all products meet all specifications and requirements.
· Ensure that all employees are properly trained in quality-related
procedures by developing and/or presenting training materials.
· Participate in the establishment of quality specifications and standards
for finished products.
· Team internal departments to proactively respond to customer complaints
· Implement solutions to quality problems through inspections, CAPA investigations,
· Audit and update all SQF and HACCP plans and documentation
· Serve as key statistical resource and verify product and process
improvement through implementation and analysis
· Manage ongoing development, implementation and improvement of the Quality
· Encourage project/process designs that simplify compliance with quality
· Conduct or direct internal food safety/GMP audits.
· Develop and maintain documentation to comply with record keeping requirements.
· Assess product quality risk as needed in determination of final product
· Perform other duties as needed for the successful operation of the
· A driver for continuous improvement in the facility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Bachelor’s Degree in scientific discipline such as food science,
chemistry, biology, chemical engineering or related field required;
Master’s Degree a plus.
· 5-10+ years’ experience in quality control/quality assurance in the
· Minimum 3 years previous supervision of QC/QA department in the food
processing industry required.
· Industry knowledge of HACCP, USDA, FDA, GMP, GFSI, FSMA, and federal,
state and local regulations.
· Technical competence in analytical chemistry or microbiology.
· Nutrition knowledge.
· Food safety and food labeling compliance expertise
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills including technical
· Experience in computer data bases and Microsoft Office applications.
· Communication and Influence - Requires verbal and written communication
skills to convey information that may be somewhat complex, to those who may
have limited knowledge of the subject in question. Role may require basic
negotiation and influence, cooperation, tact, and diplomacy, etc.
· Analytical - The ability to systematically gather information from a
variety of sources, analyze the information, identify implications of data,
draw appropriate conclusions, generate viable, alternative solutions to a
question or problem, and evaluate the consequences of choosing each
· Customer Focus - The ability to provide excellent service to external and
internal customers. This includes seeking to meet customer needs and demands
quickly and effectively; remaining calm and professional when dealing with
internal or external customers that are difficult or upset; reviewing
complaints from internal/external customers and takes action to efficiently
remedy the complaint.
· Dependability - The ability and willingness to demonstrate eagerness,
enthusiasm, optimism, and passion when working. This includes ability to be
self-motivated, demonstrating persistence, heightening personal effort in
the face of obstacles and adversity; pursuing excellence for self and
organization; having a sense of urgency; and possessing ambition.
· Professionalism - The ability to develop and maintain professional,
trusting, positive working relationships with supervisors, staff, managers,
customers, and suppliers. This includes being approachable and taking time
to address employees’ personal and professional needs, as well as client
and customer concerns; and treating others with respect and dignity.
· Integrity - The ability and willingness to uphold ethical standards and
comply with all state and federal laws and company policies and procedures.
This includes fulfilling commitments; accepting constructive criticism;
accepting responsibility for own performance, as well as that of the group;
not accepting credit for the efforts or work of others; and avoiding
conflict of interest situations.
About Bridgetown Natural Foods:
Bridgetown Natural Foods, a B Corporation established in Portland, Oregon
in March 2010, is a manufacturing partner for leading all-natural, organic
and gluten-free snack brands dedicated to producing sustainable, innovative
and healthy products.
Bridgetown’s mission is to increase the availability of natural, wholesome
foods through operational excellence. The company lives its mission by investing
in its people, in innovation that meets or exceeds the demands of a
fast-growth marketplace, and in performance – both as a responsible
employer and a trusted manufacturing partner.
With a specialty in baked goods and extruded bars, slab-formed bars,
enrobed bars, granolas and clustered items, Bridgetown’s production lines
are designed and appropriately scaled for emerging brands, providing
complex manufacturing capabilities and leading food safety certifications
to a high growth segment of the market. Bridgetown embraces complexity, and
the company’s expertise in handling allergens, gluten-free, organic and
kosher products provides its customers with complex, flexible manufacturing
As a privately-held, family-owned company, we offer benefits which reflect
our commitment to attracting and retaining great people. This includes
excellent pay, competitive health and dental care coverage, wellness
programs and incentives, a competitive vacation plan and unrivalled career
advancement opportunities, to name just a few of our benefits.