in Irvine CA, is looking for a Mixologist/Flavorist to create and oversee laboratory grade
vapor liquid recipes.
Looking for a candidate
with experience in food flavors, flavor chemistry, flavor interactions
Ability to create and
replicate recipes accurately are required.
experience working with quality control is required.
Ability to use lab
instruments and understand readings.
Candidate must be
creative when combining flavors and creating new recipes.
Candidate must be a
highly motivated individual who can work both alone and in a team
This role is primarily
responsible for leading the flavor development work required to support
business for customers.
It is designed to
provide necessary support for projects and customers.
Goals and Objectives
develop and present innovative flavors meeting customer requirements.
2. Lead technical programs to achieve customer and business objectives.
3. Fully commercialize flavors including support required in production
1. Develops cost
effective, stable flavors.
2. Completes relevant stability testing, costing, documentation, and
3. Enters and upload formulas (AS-400 & LEAD for pricing)
4. Support ACMs.
5. Reduce formula costs on existing products, completing necessary
stability and commercialization efforts.
6. Evaluates and recommends new sources of raw materials and laboratory
7. Completes formulation modifications and consolidations without
8. Coordinates sample shipments with shipping department to meet customer
9. Develops self-objectives and goals and maintains monthly objectives.
10. Formulates without supervision.
11. Participates on cross-functional teams.
12. Possible mentoring and training direct reports.
13. Independently address non-conformities and technical issues.
Key technical Skills
1. B.S. or M.S. in
Chemistry (Food Science or related preferred)
2. Solid Mathematical Skills - The Individual is comfortable with basic
calculations, ratio scaling, fraction proportioning, percentage
calculations, along with graphing techniques, predictive modeling, etc.
3. Solid Scientific Skills - The Individual is comfortable with common
scientific terminology, basic chemistry terms and concepts, basic human
physiology, along with intermediate Chemistry and Biology knowledge
including that chemical elements, compounds, reactions and terminology
4. Problem Solving Skills - The Individual is capable of problem/ root
cause identification, alternative solution consideration and ultimate
recommendation and selection of workable solution.
5. Computer Skills - The Individual is comfortable with computer usage,
internet access, Microsoft WORD, EXCEL and Email ( or similar program)
usage, along with ability to create, edit, manipulate WORD and EXCEL
files as well as basic presentation development using PowerPoint or
6. Teamwork Skills - The Individual has ability to work closely within a
team with productive results. Able to share workload with others. Able to
communicate in a friendly yet business appropriate manner.
7. Team Leadership Skills - The Individual has positive experience in
leading teams either through direct accountability of supervision or
through informal leadership of others to complete a task to achieve a
Please send us your
resume and we will be in touch shortly.
- B.S. or M.S. in Chemistry :