Opportunities: Food Safety Coordinator (27432)
Id 27432 - Posted 07/13/2016 - Cocoa
North America (D03) - Quality Assurance (QA) - Eddystone (USES)
Barry Callebaut is the heart and engine of the
cocoa and chocolate industry. We are looking for [[a Food Safety Coordinator
position]] in [[the United States]] for [[our Eddystone,
PA location.]]. Our broad range of products and services span all aspects
from cocoa sourcing to fine chocolate products, which are loved by people of
all ages worldwide. We are passionate about our business and work hard every
day to ensure that there is enough chocolate in the world. Nothing is more
important to our success than the combined expertise of more than 9000 Barry Callebaut
employees around the world. Our international focus in
the fascinating world of cocoa-growing and chocolate are the colorful
backdrop for our many functions across a wide range of disciplines. In
addition to sharing a passion for chocolate, Barry Callebaut
employees live our other corporate values every day - customer focus,
entrepreneurship, integrity and team spirit. We are committed to making sure
that they have the right skills, know-how and deep understanding of our
customers and their needs. Engaging and developing our employees is the key
to our success. Because our business focus is so broad, the scope of career
opportunities within Barry Callebaut can cover many
- Provide scientific and technical food safety and
microbiological support to the site to ensure product safety and
quality, through risk assessment, program development and training.
- Coordinates, plans, and implements quality, food
safety, and sanitation programs for the facility.
- Identify and communicate food safety risks to
site, giving actionable advice on Food Safety programs and incorporating
- Conduct validation of Critical Control Points
related to heat kill steps (Cooking, roasting, etc)
and assess validity of data.
- Conduct validation studies and risk assessments to
determine critical limits for critical processes and collaborate with
internal and external resources to update/maintain procedures.
- Liaise externally to ensure most relevant information
and emerging issues are identified and incorporated in food safety
- Directs and coaches the facility leadership team
to ensure quality & food safety compliance and has the authority to
suspend operations when serious quality & food safety risks are
8. Accountable for HACCP & food safety
training for the facility to ensure compliance and execution of required
- Position requires a B.S. in a food safety
discipline (Microbiology, Food Safety, Food Science or related field)
with a minimum 5 years experience in Quality
and/or Food Safety including experience in food industry auditing.
GFSI practitioner or certified auditor preferred.
- Previous HACCP certification program design and
implementation is required.
- Thorough technical knowledge of quality & food
safety is required.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills,
analytical ability, leadership strengths and ability to work effectively
with a team are required.
- Computer software skills to include Word, Excel
and PowerPoint required.
- Knowledge of HACCP, GMP, Pathogen Environmental
Monitoring and Facility/Equipment Design
- Knowledge of FSMA and PCQI certification preferred
- Excellent communication skills (presentation,
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to drive projects to completion
Our strength comes from the passion and expertise of our people. As we strive
to create an environment in which our people can continue to learn and
develop their skills on an ongoing basis, it is our goal to encourage
entrepreneurship and creativity. Apply for one of our interesting positions
today and start a great career in the world of cocoa and chocolate.