Quality Manager - Food
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Department: USA Operations Team
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Experienced
Graze.com is looking to hire a Quality Manager. Graze is a unique success story growing at a phenomenal rate and is based on a home-grown technology platform. You’ll be part of a fast moving team that is driven by ideas. We’re problem solvers and our own biggest critics, where your imagination will be the limit to progression and business development. We are huge supporters of striving to always do things better and embrace new technology and ways of thinking.
The Technical department has recently undergone massive investment and growth. We are reaching for the stars and building a strong and dynamic team of driven and ambitious people. The sky really is the limit to what we can do.
Having recently implemented a full food safety and quality system in the UK, and achieved great results, we are ready to install an SQF system in the US from the same global systems and processes. This means implementing but also stretching yourself and bringing new ideas to the table, improving the operational, quality, hygiene and new product launch areas of the business. The role is responsible for US supply base, improving our raw material quality and resolving any issue. In addition the role will be responsible for setting up the Quality aspects of US manufacturing, recruiting a quality team and establishing ownership of standards.
We are driving standards and to be part of this team is a unique opportunity to grow and make your mark on a ground breaking business.
The requirement in the initial phase of the appointment will be to look into the security of the brand, in terms of labelling and our FDA allergen positioning and testing schedule, as well as working on the SQF standard as mentioned above.
Manufacturing happens across two sites in the UK and we import into the US. We have an amazing journey to go on and are looking for a partner to help us drive great and exacting standards in the USA.
Our customers are the most important thing to us, they rock our world. We always have quality and improvement of our quality always near the top of our agenda. The role will have the customer experience and quality central at all times. We believe we can further improve our quality and reduce our complaints, with the right ambition.
With this comes the usual Technical standards, but we have the unique opportunity and support network to do it better than anyone else. This includes HACCP, allergen controls, FDA relations, GMP and maintenance, data logging, a non-conformance and concession system, crisis management and micro testing.
· Work in partnership with the site Technical and Operations teams to ensure Safety, Legality and Quality for the USA operation.
· provide effective day-to-day influence over Production, negotiating solutions as a team to an agreeable and safe solution.
· Implement the basic SQF system and then developing it to do more for the business.
· Launch products that have been validated and justified to be compliant and safe for our consumers.
· Taking key manufacturing decisions for quality or safety, as escalated by the Quality Auditors, once they have been implemented.
· Be the chair of the HACCP team in the USA and ensure it is accurate and up to date.
· Build a strong relationship with the UK Technical Director to make sure the systems are compliant with the Graze Global Technical system.
· Work out new ways to deliver a more consistent and repeatable customer experience.
· Challenge ways of working to work more efficiently in the process, save money, but still deliver a great product.
· Ensure a hygiene system and process is in place and accurate.
· Drive continuous improvement across all relevant areas, not just quality. Challenge the way machines are working and how it can be made better.
· Responsible for finished product assessment and analysis, utilising and developing the tools of this assessment.
· The usual extras, such as calibration, GMP audits, micro schedule and testing, allergen assessments, crisis management training, product assessments and FDA regulation.
· Drive completion of all records to defend our business should the time come. Represent our diligence and professional approach at all times.
· Be responsible for improving the fabrication and the ways in which we operate.
· Deal with daily troubleshooting.
· Additional tasks given by your line Manager.
· Work on extra internal and external projects where required.
· Ensure that all food safety issues will be raised with the Technical Director.
What we’re looking for in you
· Two key qualities, ambition to improve (in bucket loads!) plus drive (oh, and an excellent team player, ok that’s three)
· Someone who takes pride in delivering great achievements, improvements and quality standards
· Starter finisher, there’s nothing worse than a part finished project
· Not afraid to take calculated risks, for the benefit of all
· Appropriate practical skills and exposure to SQF and HACCP
· Computer literate, numerate and articulate
· Able to manage time to work to deadlines
· Able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail
· Proactive and assertive
Please note: No relocation provided / We are unable to sponsor visas
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com