Safety, Quality, and Regulatory (FSQR) Manager-MAR00228
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With nearly 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 152,000 employees in 67 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
I choose Opportunity. Whatever job you're looking for, you can probably find it at Cargill. Our diverse partnerships across a variety of industries mean countless career opportunities for you. It's your choice. It's your future. And you can make it happen at Cargill.
Cargill's meat business, headquartered in Wichita, KS, is comprised of beef, pork, turkey, value added meats, case ready, distribution and feeder operations. Cargill's meat businesses employ approximately 35,000 worldwide with processing facilities and sales offices in the US, Canada, Australia, China, Honduras, Japan, Korea and Taiwan.
Cargill Case Ready has an opening for Food Safety, Quality, and Regulatory (FSQR) Manager located in the Marshall, Missouri facility. This position is responsible for food safety and quality management systems and regulatory compliance within the plant facility. The FSQR Manager will hire, train, and motivate FSQR team to insure continuous and consistent program implementation and continuous improvement. This position has responsibility for a medium complexity facility.
· 45%- Direct Food Safety and Quality management systems within the facility. Plan, coordinate and direct all quality, sanitation, regulatory, supplier, and food safety programs within the establishment to ensure compliance with company, governmental, and customer requirements and expectations.
· 20%- Monitor USDA/ FSIS regulatory activities and plant compliance with regulatory standards. Act as a liaison between USDA/ FSIS and plant operations.
· 15%- Acts as a customer interface with plant to review product performance, respond to questions and complaints, work with operations to ensure customer expectations are met.
· 10%- Talent Management- selection, training development, performance management, staff efficiencies
· 10%- Reviews and verifies results and communicates with Corporate FSQR. Interface with Corporate Technical Services Directors and other FSQR Managers within the BU. Collaborate with TS Managers across the platform.
** Position requires some travel.
· Candidate must meet one of the following educational requirements: Bachelor of Science college degree; OR other related science degree and a minimum of 4 years of food safety/ quality/regulatory experience; OR 9 years of relevant experience in food safety and quality field
· At minimum, candidate must have 4 years of food safety/ quality/ regulatory experience
· Solid understanding of USDA requirements (HACCP)
· Experience/ knowledge in Microbiology, Food Safety (HACCP and GMP’s), Quality Assurance
· Auditing experience and skills
· Able to rethink and improve business for continuous growth
· Ability to effectively prioritize activities and ensure execution
· Capable to provide leadership/ motivation to engage employees in the business
· Superior written and verbal communication skills
· Strong computer skills: Microsoft office software (MS Word, Access, Powerpoint, Excel)
Preferred: (taken from PDS)
· Bachelors or Advanced Degree in Animal Science, Food Science, Biological Science or related field
· Auditor certification (GFSI, PAACO, etc)
· Experience managing, leading, and supervising teams
· Project management
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org